Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

The 300C is a social car..reflexion

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Default The 300C is a social car..reflexion

Over here in Volvo-land you stick the nose out a little by owning a 300C. On every driveway to every house there are Volvos, some SAAB`S and to those people who want to be different and classy it is AUDI or BMW. Total lack of fantasy. Many Japanese cars of course, but I have the feeling that they are owned by people who doesn´t really care about cars but just want a reliable set of wheels. Otherwise everyone has a Volvo. Mostly SW:s. The Chrysler Voyager is the most common Chrysler over here.Good when you have many children I suppose.Swedes like rather big cars. Comfortable, safe. The country is large to be a european one, about the size of California. I read somewhere that the 300C is ranked 91 insales statistics of 2007. This means that you meet one, or two, after a day on the road. A quick blink with the headlights when we meet is rather common and nice.
However, it is really nice to have one of these cars. It is a bit like taking a stroll with your dog. People you don´t even know stop and talk. Really a very unswedish habit..
A couple of nice examples, the other day I backed up to the house to unload a trunk full of foodshopping bags, and the neightbors wife came by:
- I looked at the car, is that yours?
- Yes.
- It´s lovely. It´s a beautiful car.
- Thank you, yes, I like it myself.
-What car is that?
- Chrysler.
- It is such a beautyful car. It is the most beautyful car I have ever seen!
- Thank you. (A little embarrassed, I admit that)
And another one, some time ago I parked outside my wifes job, to pick her up when she left. Then a Volvo V70 yellow cab parked next to me. Aftera minute or two somebody tapped at

t my window. No good sign. I was prepared for attack. But looking out it was the taxidriver, from somewehere in the middle east who wanted to ask everything about my car, as he heard it was a diesel. It took me some time as he had so many questions, I almost made a new friend.
A funny one, that happened just a couple of days ago was when I was in a nearby town of Sigtuna.
Asthe streets in this little town has the same structure as when theywhere made in the Viking ageand thereby very narrow I drove slow. A couple of nurses pulling a man i a wheelchair showed up in front of me. One of the nurses, a middleaged lady walked out in front of my car and started to doublejump her feet and waving her arms.
(?) She came up to the car and I opened the window..
- OH ! I thought you were my husband. We have a car just like this! But now I can see that your dashboard is grey and not like ours..
( Well, what about me than..)
American cars are coming back again. I know they are having economical problems in the U.S. But at least in this country the were the most common untill late 50´s. Then they almost died out. But from late 80´s and onwards they are coming back big.