Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Crazy Electrical issues and codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 11:26 PM
Default Crazy Electrical issues and codes

Hi I have a 2011 300 limited 3.6l. Trying to figure out some weird issues I've been having and haven't found a mechanic in my area willing to diagnose it due lack of electrical knowledge. So some physical symptoms first then codes. While driving I randomly lose power in my radio, climate control, phone charger port, dash will quickly turn on and off with the needles for all the meters going to zero and back to where they were. Sometimes it will happen once, multiple times in a row, or not at all thought it's been more frequent the last couple days. Car has a little bit of a shake to it now. No loss in fuel economy from what I've tested. No troubles starting or driving. No shifting issues. I'm saying this as alot of these codes have one thing in common being a pcm failure but other symptoms aren't there yet everything it's supposedly throwing codes for is fine or throws opposite codes. One for ex is the brake circuit sometimes I get a code for low sometimes I get a code for high and other times I get no codes for it at all. So I don't think they are individual or at least not all of them I believe they are connected but I can't figure it out. I know pcm is unlikely so what's some things I can do to figure this out. Here's the codes as of right now.============1==============P0430Raw code: 0430ECU: Engine control unitStatus: ConfirmedCatalytic converter system, bank 2 - efficiency below threshold ============2==============P0572Raw code: 0572ECU: Engine control unitStatus: ConfirmedCruise control/brake switch A - circuit low ============3==============P0430Raw code: 0430ECU: Engine control unitStatus: Test has not been completed, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycleCatalytic converter system, bank 2 - efficiency below threshold ============4==============P258ARaw code: 258AECU: Engine control unitStatus: Test has not been completed, Validated and stored in non volatile memoryVacuum pump - control circuit open ============5==============P0563Raw code: 0563ECU: Engine control unitStatus: Test has not been completed, Validated and stored in non volatile memorySystem voltage - high ============6==============P0572Raw code: 0572ECU: Engine control unitStatus: Test has not been completed, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault has been present during this drive cycleCruise control/brake switch A - circuit low ============7==============B16E7(15)Raw code: 96E715ECU: Front controlStatus: Test failed, Test failed (current drive cycle), Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear

Old 04-16-2024, 09:25 AM

Suggest having the battery and charging system professionally tested.

What is the age of the battery? A weak/failing battery can cause a low voltage condition which chryslers do not tolerate well and results in seemingly weird and random behavior.

A failing alternator can allow an ac (alternating current) ripple sufficient to reset a control module(s). I had this on an '06 charger where the ripple reset the instrument cluster (gauges drop to zero and all cluster lamps light) and a resent of the emissions your ready monitors.

Suggestion - please break your post into paragraphs/lists. Makes it easier to read and understand the issues being seen/reported.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by ggoose
Suggest having the battery and charging system professionally tested.

What is the age of the battery? A weak/failing battery can cause a low voltage condition which chryslers do not tolerate well and results in seemingly weird and random behavior.

A failing alternator can allow an ac (alternating current) ripple sufficient to reset a control module(s). I had this on an '06 charger where the ripple reset the instrument cluster (gauges drop to zero and all cluster lamps light) and a resent of the emissions your ready monitors.

Suggestion - please break your post into paragraphs/lists. Makes it easier to read and understand the issues being seen/reported.
battery and alternator tested good under load and while off. Sorry tgought I included that.

Old 04-16-2024, 10:49 AM

Find the ground points on the car and check them for cleanliness and tightness.