Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

New 300 problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by garyk3001946
I have been thru this with the same problem. The bottom line is the trans. has to be replaced. there is a service bulletin on this right now. Ill be glad to give any more information if you would like, I know what your going thru.

Please let me know what this service bulletin says and the bulletin number, if you have one

Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 AM

I have had the same problem with my 2013 chrysler 300. They replaced the valve body for the transmission I believe and it has helped but hasn't eliminated the problem. Mine still has that bump/jerk going on. I'm done with chrysler/dodge vehicles have had 2 and haven't been too happy with either. My 2011 charger had a transmission issue too before I traded it in smh

Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by zdub80
I have had the same problem with my 2013 chrysler 300. They replaced the valve body for the transmission I believe and it has helped but hasn't eliminated the problem. Mine still has that bump/jerk going on. I'm done with chrysler/dodge vehicles have had 2 and haven't been too happy with either. My 2011 charger had a transmission issue too before I traded it in smh
zdub80,

Sorry to learn of the less than ideal experience.
I'm very surprised to hear your having these issues with your 300 and the Charger before that.
The powertrains in both models have been and still are at the top of the list for performance and reliability.
You mentioned you'd take your 300 in to your dealership, have you been in yet? Were there any circumstances with your dealer that left you feeling as though they couldn't repair your vehicle?

Old 07-17-2014, 08:43 AM

My transmission has been replaced and I still have the issue. The receipt from my dealership service department states" Star is aware of the issue. They are currently working on a transmission update that should be available July 2014". I keep checking the 300 forums hoping a bulletin has been released, but still no luck.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Default Extended Warranty

I just got a letter that extends the warranty on the left head on the engine I cant remember but it is a warranty that will go way past the time I will have the car. I put it away already when I get b0red I will dig it out and post the exact warranty. This is in Canada so not sure what is happening in the states or anywhere else/

Old 07-18-2014, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by ChryslerCACares
zdub80,

Sorry to learn of the less than ideal experience.
I'm very surprised to hear your having these issues with your 300 and the Charger before that.
The powertrains in both models have been and still are at the top of the list for performance and reliability.
You mentioned you'd take your 300 in to your dealership, have you been in yet? Were there any circumstances with your dealer that left you feeling as though they couldn't repair your vehicle?
Yeah already took it in they replaced I believe it was the valve body or something on the transmission. I'd have to look at my paperwork. Really hasn't fixed the problem 100 percent. Still disappointed. Another thing is they had to order the part and told me my vehicle wasn't safe to drive. They had my car for over 2 weeks and chrysler refused to pay for more than a week on the rental. Thank God the dealership was nice enough to take care of it. Just not happy with chrysler.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 72combo
I just got a letter that extends the warranty on the left head on the engine I cant remember but it is a warranty that will go way past the time I will have the car. I put it away already when I get b0red I will dig it out and post the exact warranty. This is in Canada so not sure what is happening in the states or anywhere else/
72combo,

The X56 extended warranty on the 3.6L left cylinder head applies to 2011-2013 vehicles built between certain dates and VIN ranges.
The warranty in Canada has been extended to 10 years or 240,000 kms.
Keep in mind the extension is applied to certain vehicles however there aren't any indications of this concern appearing on all 3.6L engines.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Default 1013 300c transmission problem

My dealer has ordered a new valve body for this 8 speed tranny. The rep did not have any confidence that this would solve the problem. If it does not, the next step, according to him, is a new transmission. I see one comment on this thread that one person had a new transmission installed and it did not solve the problem.

It is nice to see that Chrysler Canada seems to care, although we don't need a cheer leader. We need Chrysler to take ownership and fix the problem! It is also interesting to note that Chrysler Cares US is absent from this thread.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Thumbs up Mpg

Originally Posted by HenryiFlorida
What kind of milage are you getting around town? I'm getting 18.5 with first two tanks.
Sorry for the late response...I am getting low 20's MPG.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:48 PM

have the same bump problem when it goes from to took it to the dealership they are replacing the transmission and re programming the car by the end of august when the parts arrive. i thought my car was the only one with this problem sucks when you buy a new car to avoid having problem with a used one and turns out to be the same thing

Quick Reply: New 300 problems?