Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Default Problems?

What issues are you, or have you had with your 300? I have a 300C with on-going electrical problems. It has been in shop four times with wiper issues--replaced the switch twice. The rain sensor still isn't operating properly. It has been in twice to have the auto-exit function worked on. Window switches replaced. Had both key fobs replaced twice. Etc, Etc. So far no major mechanical issues. The car has under 29,000 miles. I have had no luck getting an appointment with factory rep. Today, I called for an appointment with the dealership owner. Waiting for a call back. I'm concerned that I'll have issues once it is out of warranty, with no resolve.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Default RE: Problems?

Sorry to hear of your troubles. We have two 300Cs... bought a used (single previous owner) '05 Midnight Blue (build date 6/04) in Sept. '05 with 14.5k miles. It now has nearly 28k miles. No electrical issues at all.

We also bought new an '06 Inferno Red Heritiage Edition in March of this year. Car now has 11k miles, and again... no electrical issues.

Sounds like you could have a lemon law case. Definitely should get resolution of those issues.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:56 PM

Not to change the subject, but technically a "lemon law" car can only be a "lemon law" car in the first year of it's life. At 29,000 miles, I doubt that this can be a lemon law car, even if there are the same problems more than three times. Not that there isn't some kind of recourse, just not "lemon law" recourse.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:49 PM

I have to disagree with you as far as the Lemon Law time frame
I know this because I too was going to file because of a problem with a dealership installed
auto start that I had nothing but problems with from the very begining.
You actually have 3 years to file here in NJ. And I mention NJ because as far as state wise
NJ has the best courses of action for Lemon Law than any other state.
You really need to check your state to find out the time frame in which you can file.
And yes it does have to be for the same problem, you have to give them at least 3 times to fix the same problem. And If you do take this step make sure you have all of your documents together.

Good Luck[&:]

Old 11-22-2006, 01:50 PM

I have to disagree with you as far as the Lemon Law time frame
I know this because I too was going to file because of a problem with a dealership installed
auto start that I had nothing but problems with from the very begining.
You actually have 3 years to file here in NJ. And I mention NJ because as far as state wise
NJ has the best courses of action for Lemon Law than any other state.
You really need to check your state to find out the time frame in which you can file.
And yes it does have to be for the same problem, you have to give them at least 3 times to fix the same problem. And If you do take this step make sure you have all of your documents together.

Good Luck[&:]