Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Transmission vibration in 2012 V6

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Arrow Transmission vibration in 2012 V6

I recently purchased a new 300 Limited with the V6 and 8-speed auto transmission, and although I love almost everything about this new model, I find that I feel a drive-train vibration when it upshifts into higher gear. Have eliminated wheel balance, so I wanted to know if other 2012 owners feel the same thing?

Might be the V6 lugging at low RPM since the upshifts are pretty aggressive to improve MPG...the vibration is less noticable when coasting than at moderate/full throttle.

Otherwise, I think this vehicle is the best thing to come from Chrysler in generations! (to bad more of it wasn't actually made in US (only 59%): the engine is from Mexico, the transmission from Germany, and it was assembled in Canada!)

Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM

What is wrong with being assembled in Canada?
4 great vehicles are made here was 5 till the demise of the van.
The mini van which saved their but was originally only built here
But when the times were good and the orders were high they built also in St.Louis, now only in Canada. I really have a pet peeve with the TV commercials showing the 300 then they say imported from detroit, we build 4 high demand killer vehicles and get no credit almost jumped ship but because even though retired i still belong to the CAW444 so i felt i should support the workers now

Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 AM

Not to get political, but I have nothing against the vehicle being assembled in Canada (my Ford Expedition was assembled in Canada and is great.) My issue is just what you pointed out...after the US goes deep in debt to bail out the auto industry, practically giving this company away to Fiat, they send the jobs to Canada instead of the US. Is Canada going to pay off our debt? Think not!

Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by johnpvb
Not to get political, but I have nothing against the vehicle being assembled in Canada (my Ford Expedition was assembled in Canada and is great.) My issue is just what you pointed out...after the US goes deep in debt to bail out the auto industry, practically giving this company away to Fiat, they send the jobs to Canada instead of the US. Is Canada going to pay off our debt? Think not!
The jobs were already here before, Why would we pay off your debt we did not create it, you need to go back to the Bushes to lay blame there.
Could be maybe more of the jobs need to come here, there has always been the quality difference issue. I bought an 09 RAM and leased a charger and my son bought an Avenger during said bailout times, so I did my part. How about share the love and say Imported from North America....I am sure they were trying to get the point that the cars were not from Japan or wherever. Don't worry by selling out so quickly to Fiat without thinking like last time with Daimler, they raped us of technology the Jeep technology, used Chrysler money to develop Mercedes engines, I don't know how much truth there is in all this but it was heresay at the plant I worked at.When they used up the money trying to repair their failing European builds they got out.
Last time this happen over 20 years ago wasn't it the minivan built in Windsor, Ontario, Canada that bailed out Chrysler with Canadian loans so call it even I guess but quit taking credit for things not built there. I know it is marketing 101 but it like I said it's pet peeve. Who cares as long as we continue to do well. I won't how that Dart will do...reminds me of back when gas went up and they start building junk like omni's and whathavu. Might take one for a spin. But I do think the retro cars seem to do well, Why don make the Dart look like it used to somewhat. All the retro cars built so far have something especially the Challenger.
FYI we buy a lot of Jeeps built in the US, I have to say when Toledo was going thru ISO certification just after I had a chance to visit that plant I could not believe the wooded floors from way back when and the quality was still there. The new plant was being built but it was amazing to see it built in such an old plant. Windsor where they build the Minivan is old but updated so that you would not really know.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:41 AM

Updating this thread back to it's original topic...seems like the vibration is coming from the engine lugging and transmitting the vibrations through the drive train.

Just received a recall on the transmission...maybe it needs to be reprogrammed?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:22 PM

I got the recall done also. Notice nothing, hopefully tranny holds out they are putting them into the pickup now. Gee I wonder if the Mexicans are gonna help pay back the loans. LOL
Merry Christmas and Happy NewYear and Bless our 8 speeds!

Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Thumbs up Problem solved!

Just to follow up and close this thread, the dealer rotated and balanced the tires during a recent oil change, and the vibration issue is all but gone. However, I still feel some engine "lugging" when the 8-speed upshifts too quickly at part-throttle (for better MPG). What to other folks experience?