Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

VIN No. location

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Default VIN No. location

I have a Crysler 300C - 2007. The VIN number plate under the winsheeld is missing. Do you know any other places, that I can find the VIN number, except the stickers.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

driver door

Old 08-28-2014, 02:48 PM

The Manufacturer Plate is located in the engine compartment on the passenger side rear corner of the hood. The plate contains five lines of information:

1.Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
2.Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)
3.Gross Train Mass (GTM)
4.Gross Front Axle Rating (GFAR)
5.Gross Rear Axle Rating (GRAR)

The Body Code Plate is located in the engine compartment on the front right side shock tower mounting front panel. It lists:

1 - PRIMARY PAINT
2 - SECONDARY PAINT
3 - VINYL ROOF
4 - VEHICLE ORDER NUMBER
5 - CAR LINE SHELL
6 - PAINT PROCEDURE
7 - ENGINE
8 - TRIM
9 - TRANSMISSION
10 - MARKET
11 - VIN

A vehicle certification label is attached to every Chrysler vehicle. The label certifies that the vehicle conforms to all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Standards. The label also lists:

•Month and year of vehicle manufacture.
•Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). The gross front and rear axle weight ratings (GAWR's) are based on a minimum rim size and maximum cold tire inflation pressure.
•Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
•Type of vehicle.
•Type of rear wheels.
•Bar code.
•Month, Day and Hour (MDH) of final assembly.
•Paint and Trim codes.
•Country of origin.

The label is located on the driver-side door shut-face.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Default I also have what I consider a huge problem w/ the vin on my 2007 300!!

The VIN # in/on front dash/window...IS NOT VISIBLE! Which, after some research I now know it must have slipped. Point is that, you have to be able to see it in order to register or sell the car...even to get a traffic ticket the cop would have to be able to see it to write you a ticket! Mine, you cannot see it anymore. And, the VIN# on the door...what a (bad) joke! Because, the ink on these "hugely inportant" stickers the contain the cars history...that you MUST HAVE....well, the ink smears. Of course, making it impossible to read! Which, is what has happened to my car! Now...tell me, What do I do now? In my opinion, this is a Manufacturers Defect...one that if, I were to be pulled over will get my car impounded. I am livid!

Old 03-05-2019, 01:47 PM

I would agree on the manufacturer defect idea, if it had been an issue with more cars, but this is the first time I have ever heard of it, and I've got decades of time in at automotive forums, including, https://www.300cforums.com.

More likely, at some point, someone had the dash out, and did not put it back in correctly. And that caused the vin to be dislodged and hidden from sight..