Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Weird Problem, Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 08:07 PM
Default Weird Problem, Please Help

Hello,

i have searched the forum and I couldn't find the exact t problem Im having. I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c Rear wheel drive. I have a odd fluttering when i go up a slight grade. it doesn't have to be a very large hill, just a little extra load on the engine will cause it to flutter, its a light flutter. i can give it a little gas and it usually goes away. I've tried it in other gears and it still does it, not as bad but its still there. on flat land it doesn't do it and when I drive it hard it doesn't do it. just easy driving going up a grade. there are no codes of any kind and i changed all the spark plugs with the recommended plug. it didn't change anything.

Thanks for any help.

Eric

Old 10-20-2016, 10:43 PM

What do you mean by "fluttering"? Is it something the engine does? (You mentioned spark plugs.) Or is it something in the steering wheel? Or is it something in the driveline? (Universal joints may do that when they are going bad.)

Is it something you hear or is it something you feel in the seat?

By the way, to help others who may have a similar problem, next time you post a problem, put a description of the problem in the title (Like "engine stalls in reverse" or whatever it might be). That way others can benefit from the discussion. "Please help" won't lead others to find their problem.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:11 AM
Default engine flutter

I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum thing. it is a engine flutter. kind of feeling like a fuel problem. I have been a Diesel mechanic for 20 year, but not much on gas engines. appreciate any help

Old 10-21-2016, 09:56 AM

I guess I don't know what an engine "flutter" is. I know that flags flutter in the wind, and I am trying to relate that to your engine without much success. Is the engine missing? Or is there some vibration you are feeling. Since it happens under load only, a vibration could be the result of a bad motor mount, or u-joint.

If it's electrical in nature, a miss will probably generate a fault code in the computer, and may or may not turn on the check engine light, depending on the fault. That would be a logical place to begin. In the absence of a fault code, it could be a fuel problem.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Default Very rude!!!!!

it is a fuel related engine problem. but don't know which direction to go. I will go to another forum where they may know what flutter means. that's about a smart *** response. I have been a master mechanic at a large diesel dealership for many years and hear the word flutter about 5 times a day and for you to say its what a flag does in the wind??? I do not want your advise on anything! I will never come to this forum again and will not recommend this place to anyone. I showed your post to our 32 mechanics at our shop and they have the same opinion as I do. thanks!!

Old 10-21-2016, 02:17 PM

Sorry, man, but I have been around gas engines for more than a half century and I have never, not once, anywhere heard anybody mention the word "flutter" in connection with a gas engine.

I don't suppose you bothered to finish reading the post because you seem not to have checked for computer codes.