General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Chrysler does not stand behind their product

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Default Chrysler does not stand behind their product

I have had to replace the same rear window regulator, litterally, five times. Also, I rarely use the rear doors/windows. After spending an hour on the phone with "customer service" they failed to help with the cost of these ridiculous repairs totalling over $1,000. Lesson learned. . . don't buy a Chrysler.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Chrysler does not stand behind their product

Well I got a thing or 2 to add. Knowing how the system works its not chrysler that U would have anything to bitch about it would be a dealer. Second of all 1000 bucks for 1 regulator I doubt that. Was the warranty of the replacement part and labor not told to u?
The parts are 12 months 12k miles through any chrysler dealer in the US. With that said that would mean that U would have owned the car for over 8 or 9 years and or have over 96k miles on it do u have either one ? BEcause if u have had to spend that kinda money on it and replaced it 5 times that would mean that after your 3 year 36k warranty is up for the next 6 years after that right out of the 12 month or 12k miles U had to put another one in am I correct? And for sure u had to ahve taken it to different dealer each time I can not think of a dealer or 5 for that matter that would not service a chrysler part put on under 12 months or 12k miles.
Thats my 2 cents.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:40 AM

Yes,the window regulator failuresalways occurred shortly after the 36mo, 12mo/12Kmi. warranties. I am not making this up. I think you would be less willing to make excuses if it was your money.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

what excuse? I was pointing out some facts. If u are willing to tell the service dates and miles to which each failure had happened I might retract my statement. Plus what kinda car is this year make and model. how many miles do u have on it. And was all of the repairs done at the same location.
And dont think that I dont have to fix my own car from time to time I own a 98 Concorde.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM

moe in wichita ks
heres what to do. get about 4 or 5 little kids ages 3 to 6. take them to a icecream shop get each one a messy treat. then take them to the dealer go to show room and tell the manger that if he doesnt take care of you. you will turn the kids loose on the showroom. have a friend tape it to, better yet a loacal tv station tape it, good stuff for the 6 oclock news. whats he going to do? have the kids arrested? just the ruckes with coustomers in the shop is a big deal.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:42 PM

5 Regulators on the same door????? I would have to say it was the tech's fault on the 3rd time for not noticing the real fault. Obviously there is something wrong with the door or run channels, something. This many failures on the same door is extremely uncommon on any vehicle, and I would be looking at the real problem first and then addressing the regulator.

We once had a customer that had rock chips on the back edge of his hood, he could see them from sitting in the drivers seat. We repaired without question. The third time we questioned what he was doing with the car, as his was the only one with chips on the back edge of the hood. With a little investigation, we found that the body around the back window, the front headlights, and the taillights ALL had the same problem, but he didn't have to look at the other chips day in and day out, so he never complained about them. Turns out the customer himself was at fault for using a squeege to clean every item on his car, and in doing so, created the problem, but blamed the manufactuer for "bad design" on the hood, and "bad paint" on the hood.

Something is wrong with the door.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:10 PM

$1000 for one window regulator, that is for sure a lie. Considering window regulator sell for $60-$100, there is no way labor is $900.

I would say most installed $200-$250, depending on vehicle.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

no rob 1000 total for 5 times even nissan has a warranty for there parts correct? I still wanna know what kinda car this is.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

no rob 1000 total for 5 times even nissan has a warranty for there parts correct? I still wanna know what kinda car this is.
Whoops, I did misread that.

Nissan has 12months, 12k on most parts