Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

08 Aspen dash brake light comes on

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 04:52 PM

Not to bring up an old topic but this just recently started happening to me. I was towing my ATV had already made a trip and was headed home. The light came on out of the blue going down the canyon. We stopped and the light reset only to come on about 20-30 minutes later. Like everyone else, the light comes off and after a bit of driving comes back on. Very frustrating. My reservoir is full. Did anyone get the fix? What helped?

Old 05-22-2014, 06:01 AM

The light hasn't turned on in our Aspen in several months whether towing or not. I don't know what fixed it or if it's fixed. I'm guessing in our case the old fluid that was in the system when we bought it used really needed to be changed and over time the fresh fluid helped the symptoms. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:20 PM

I have the same brake warning light issue. I have taken my Aspen in twice to Chrysler and both times they have told me they cannot find any thing wrong. The brake light comes on when I am going above 65 mph on the freeway and will not go off until I turn the engine off. It also comes on in conjunction with my trailer and it has caused me no end of confusion.

I have even had the trailer people check my brake control and trailer to see if it was related and supposedly it is not. Seems like Chrysler ought to know what is wrong with their vehicle. I am totally frustrated. I own tow Chrysler vehicles and other than this issue I am very pleased... Not sure what to do anymore to resolve this or if it is even resolvable. Getting ready to pull my trailer to California on Friday and I just hope the warning light is bogus...

Old 09-23-2014, 12:42 PM

I still have the issue. I haven't towed in awhile but my trailer is relatively small, it is a toy hauler no, trailer breaks or anything. But I still from time to time get the break like to come on at the higher speeds like 60-65 plus. Very frustrating, but the breaks seem to work fine. Not sure where to even begin on fixing the stupid thing.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:42 AM

Have you guys completely flushed the brake fluid? That's the only guess I have for my brake light not coming on in awhile.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:50 PM

It's been over a year now since I've seen the brake light come on when it's not supposed to. I towed over the weekend and no problems. Again, I can only assume that it was the old brake fluid and flushing the system was what was needed.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Red_5
It's been over a year now since I've seen the brake light come on when it's not supposed to. I towed over the weekend and no problems. Again, I can only assume that it was the old brake fluid and flushing the system was what was needed.
Red_5,
Glad to hear the brake light hasn't returned!

Old 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Default Brake dash light

Originally Posted by Jamel Barnes
Did you ever find the fix? Just took my Aspen to dealership today but they could not see any issue. They topped off the brake fluid and told me to bring it back if needed...well bore I got home the light came back on..

Thanks
5/24/17
Same problem as above, added fluid, 2 different people drove 8 miles each. I leave dealership and in 2-3 miles "ding" and red BRAKE light is on.
Last November was told pressure switch needed replaced - did that but did not help.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:11 AM

Looks like it's been 2 years since I last posted on this subject and I've only had the brake warning light come on once and it was just a month or two ago. I actually drive the Aspen more now too but I was not towing. I really think flushing the brake fluid was the fix. I put a lot of new fluid and I think it took time for the new fluid to clean some of the old coated fluid off of a sensor or something. I might be time for me to flush the system again soon. Hope this helps.