Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2008 Aspen o2 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 12:35 AM
Post 2008 Aspen o2 wiring

I've been battling electrical issues with my 2008 Aspen with the 5.7. It shut off while idling at a stop, wouldn't restart. Temp and everything else looked normal. Next day it would start in limp mode, with a nice long list of codes. I don't remember what all of them were, but included CPS, oil pressure gauge, TPS, and o2 b2s1. Compression tested good on all cylinders. Checked fuel pressure at the rail, no issue there. I thought it was a harness failure, made several attempts to bypass wires that might have been the cause, no effect. Replaced PCM, nothing. Changed CPS, no change. Replaced oil pressure sensor, no longer in limp mode. Still giving codes for o2 b2s1 heater circuit and CPS, traction light on. Replaced the o2 sensor, no change. Clear the codes, recheck before restart, gives the o2 code p0052. I'm guessing one of the two wires feeding the heater circuit is open. I can't get a good enough look at the wires to see what color the heater power wire is. Does anyone have a schematic for this? I haven't been able to find one correct for this vehicle.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

what brand o2 sensor did you use?

Old 08-27-2021, 11:16 PM
Default Related, not sure

Gonna sound off a bit. On my rig, I've located the problem for mine just shutting off ( just the engine) mine will restart with a bit of starter run on ( kinda like the older day vehicles-carbs). Kicks various codes, as would a sudden shut off. Any hew, this would occur int. on fuel fill up more and more. ( stay with me). Trying to shut off in bursts once reached cruise speed too. Well, it seems the pressure variance that occurs in the evap recirculation. (Emissions) occurs when the fuel cap comes off to fuel. Pressure is gone static (normal) but because the pressure is not "seen" as back to normal when finished up fueling. It shuts ignition down (or tries over and over) I can't locate an emissions leaks. My friend (a long time Dodge tech with dealer) can't find one. It's the magic pressure leak that, well doesn't exist. Physically it doesn't, electronically it does. All sensors, pressures (fuel, evap, bleed) all gauge correct.
So what part is awry?? No one seems to know. I don't have this until fuel tank exceeds 75% full ( i.e. fill'er up) Stops doing this about 10 to 12 hwy miles. But stop to stop kinda scary ( no engine on-no power steering). Sorry too waste anyone's time. If someone knows the magical part, in a magical land. Please share the secret