Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2008 Aspen uconnect enabling

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 08:06 AM
Default 2008 Aspen uconnect enabling

Hi, I'm new here and have searched the web all over looking for a way to do this without going to a dealer. I have alfaobd so I should be able to do it with the right info. I have a 2008 Aspen limited with the 5.7 hemi and the REN radio with Sirius but no Navigation. There was a mic with a cut cable on the driver's door post but since the cable was cut I just removed it thinking it was aftermarket. When I pressed the voice or the other button I kept getting uconnect not enabled. I checked. Software version and saw radio was out of date so I updated it to latest 9.292 software thinking that would fix it. Nope, now I get the message uconnect not equiped message. Thing is I researched enough to know that it needed the hands free module, so I looked behind the dash just under the radio and yep, the Bluetooth HFM was there with the mic cord heading over towards the driver's side. I have a new mic on order to replace it. Now with alfaobd I can access to test the VR and I guess Dialing buttons because I get a response from the radio, but without the mic it's not much good other than to let me know that uconnect just needs to be "switched" on and not installed. The HFM with alfaobd shows it's active and the only error codes it has is mic voltage low or something to that effect ( without the mic yeah that's a given ) so my question is, does anyone know the settings or setting that needs to be set using alfaobd? I really would like the handsfree Bluetooth enabled without going to a aftermarket radio, especially since it's already setup in my Aspen.Thanks in advance

Old 01-30-2022, 03:47 PM
Default Enabling uconnect on your radio

Ok, I found out how to enable the uconnect feature if you have the hfm ( hands free module ) already installed in your car/truck using alfaobd. On my 2008 Aspen using alfaobd you select Radio. Then select control unit - Radio Nav module my 2008-09 var2 non-powernet. ( This was throwing me off as I thought this meant the radio unit had to have navigation which it does not ). Then press Connect to connect to the module with alfaobd. Once connected press the car image to bring up more menus. Under procedure to start select Mode Selection, then select option HFM and press start. Afterwards you should be able to press the vr or phone buttons and have them work. Hope this helps out everyone that was scouring the web like me looking for a way to do this.