Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

ABS, Brake, ESP/BAS, Traction Control Dash Light stay on...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 05:37 PM

Not a lot of dice on that dealer request.

The service manager says I get to pay $200 diagnostic fee for them to look at this problem.

I realize it MAY not have been caused by them, but to have to pay for them to even look at it (connect a reader and see what it says?) seems somewhat unreasonable. (at least to my apparently feeble mind)

Old 08-07-2018, 05:38 AM

If it ends up being their fault, you shouldn't be required to pay that $200 diagnostic fee. However, if it's not their fault, then it's on you.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by dczech
Not a lot of dice on that dealer request.

The service manager says I get to pay $200 diagnostic fee for them to look at this problem.

I realize it MAY not have been caused by them, but to have to pay for them to even look at it (connect a reader and see what it says?) seems somewhat unreasonable. (at least to my apparently feeble mind)
Go to autozone and get the codes read, and research from there.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Autozone does not have a scanner that can look into ABS codes only PCM codes

Old 08-09-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Autozone does not have a scanner that can look into ABS codes only PCM codes
Whoops, my bad. Then, I'd suggest making friends with Chrysler Tech

Old 08-10-2018, 03:15 PM

I had mine scanned at a local independent garage, cost me about $50 -$75 and then researched the codes from there. If you do get the codes and it is the clockspring let me know and I can send you all the recall notification relating to the problems they had causing this.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:25 PM

about to drive from CA to NY, so I guess I'll see what I can find out in NY. Not enough time to try to do anything else here in CA.

Maybe some code reader I can pickup that will get enough info out there

Old 08-20-2018, 09:59 AM

You can easily read codes by yourself with good ELM interface and right software, I'm using Obdlink LX + AppCar DiagFCA.
Are ABS/ESR/Brake light on all the time or do they disappear on next start?

Old 08-21-2018, 11:48 AM

OK, I'll try hooking up my elm327 next time I'm in NY where my vehicle is now... (assuming I remember to bring it with me )

Old 09-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Default Same problem yesterday...very easy fix for me.

I had the same problem with my 2008 Aspen. I noticed on page 197 of the owner's manual, the description of the ABS Warning Light noted that, "if charging voltage falls below 10 volts, the malfunction light illuminates and the ABS is switched off." When ABS malfunctions, the BAS and ESP are also switched off. Turns out that I had considerable corrosion built up between the positive battery terminal and the cable. After cleaning it up, it only took about 30 seconds of driving for all the lights to go out. Hope this helps someone save some money and time!

Quick Reply: ABS, Brake, ESP/BAS, Traction Control Dash Light stay on...