Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

ABS, Brake, ESP/BAS, Traction Control Dash Light stay on...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by NCIvan
I had the same problem with my 2008 Aspen. I noticed on page 197 of the owner's manual, the description of the ABS Warning Light noted that, "if charging voltage falls below 10 volts, the malfunction light illuminates and the ABS is switched off." When ABS malfunctions, the BAS and ESP are also switched off. Turns out that I had considerable corrosion built up between the positive battery terminal and the cable. After cleaning it up, it only took about 30 seconds of driving for all the lights to go out. Hope this helps someone save some money and time!
Good Advise!

Old 09-04-2019, 03:44 PM

I'm having the problem with all of the ABS, Stability and the other light coming on. I took it to a local mechanic who scanned it and said it's the ABS module. Said it's a $900+ dollar part and that I should also replace the ABS pump while they're in there. He also said that I'll still need to take it to a dealer to have them reprogram the module. I also need new brake pads/rotors so I'm letting him do that but I'm doing more research on the module. I found a Mopar module for about $350 but not sure how difficult the replacement will be - I see the instructions above but still not sure. I'll search for a video too. The local garage was telling me it would be between $3,000 and $3,500 for them to replace everything including the brake pads/rotors. If I can't figure it out I'll take it to the local dealership for that kind of money.

Edit: I had the shop only replace the front brake pads and rotors, when driving home all the lights came on. The Aspen sat for several weeks because it's a spare vehicle. I've been driving it the last few days and no lights have come on. I'm guessing the lights came on because the brakes needed to be replaced.

Last edited by Red_5; 10-14-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by skid2964
Bought an ABS Scanner,
Code C2200 "ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE INTERNAL"

Apparently the ABS control module is bad...
Is it a very difficult task to replace? Is it just a module and not the unit with all the brake lines running in and out of it?
I'll looking for videos on the subject...
i had the same thing going on in a 2008 aspen. I removed the fuse for the abs module. It was all corrode . I cleaned the corrosion and all the lights went out and all is good.

Old 04-22-2020, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Red_5
I'm having the problem with all of the ABS, Stability and the other light coming on. I took it to a local mechanic who scanned it and said it's the ABS module. Said it's a $900+ dollar part and that I should also replace the ABS pump while they're in there. He also said that I'll still need to take it to a dealer to have them reprogram the module. I also need new brake pads/rotors so I'm letting him do that but I'm doing more research on the module. I found a Mopar module for about $350 but not sure how difficult the replacement will be - I see the instructions above but still not sure. I'll search for a video too. The local garage was telling me it would be between $3,000 and $3,500 for them to replace everything including the brake pads/rotors. If I can't figure it out I'll take it to the local dealership for that kind of money.

Edit: I had the shop only replace the front brake pads and rotors, when driving home all the lights came on. The Aspen sat for several weeks because it's a spare vehicle. I've been driving it the last few days and no lights have come on. I'm guessing the lights came on because the brakes needed to be replaced.
My lights came back on but they won’t come on if the Aspen sits for a week or so or more and stay off if I don’t drive very far. I might try the cleaning the model connectors as mentioned above to see if I can fix it before selling in the near future.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:20 AM

I had code c2200 that shows the abs module bad. It also shows there is no power going to the module. check the fuse not just a burt out fuse but a corroded fuse box . I used a tiny file and cleaned the corrosion off the terminals in the box. Soon as i put the fuse back in, the lights went out and never came back. The fuse box is down by your emergency brake pedal. F14 fuse.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:18 PM
Default Chrysler 2007 Aspen Dash lights lit up all the time! The ESP/BAS, TRACTION,ABS, AND

Originally Posted by skid2964
I got in my 2007 Aspen with 95k miles tonight and the above mentioned lights come on every time I start the vehicle. I checked the codes with a simple blue tooth code reader, nothing, no codes at all... just the ABS, Brake, ESP/BAS, Traction Control dash lights.

I've read about this a little after a forum search and internet search. Some mention speed sensors? or brake pad wear? Is there a known condition that is most likely causing this? Just trying to figure out where to focus my next round of troubleshooting...

My Chrysler 2007 Aspen SUV has these Dash Lights constantly lit up! ESP/BAS, TRACTION, ABS, AND BRAKE Light and the Chrysler Dealership in Tupelo told me that i need to replace this Brake Pump in the picture here under the Hood! And they want over $1400.00 to replace that Brake Pump! But my Brakes work fine, I have new 18 inch Disk Rotors on all 4 wheels with new brake pads also! Do you have any suggestions??? By the way the engine light is just from a Oxygen Sensor I need to replace!

This is the Brake Pump the Chrysler Dealership wants $1400.00 to replace, and i can't find a Full Service Mechanic Garage to do it! Can this Brake Pump really cause all these Dash lights to constantly be lit??? The ESP/BAS, TRACTION LIGHT, ABS, and BRAKE LIGHT also!

Old 12-21-2020, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

its called a hydraulic control unit with the ABS module and yes it can turn on all of those lights based off what the codes are in the computer.

Old 12-22-2020, 08:24 AM

My problem seems to have been resolved. A few months ago I was driving to the grocery store and when I arrived and got out I could smell brakes. My front left caliper seemed to be sticking and smoke was coming off it. Odd thing was that it drove fine. I took it back to the local shop that had replaced the pads and rotors a few months prior that also said I needed a bunch more expensive parts listed in an earlier post and they said I needed new calipers and I think they did fresh fluid again too. The lights have not come back on and it’s been 5 months since the last issue. Now that I feel like it’s fine, I’m going to sell it before something else goes wrong.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:42 PM
Default Same issue here

I have the same issue on my 2008 aspen with 89k miles. Abs+ traction control + brake + esp lights on.

Abs, esp, brake, traction control.
John, have you done anything about it? I went to a local well mentioned shop and after they scanned it today I was told that the brake pump has to be replaced based on the codes they read and they sent me to the dealership. Any good feedback is really appreciated.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:29 AM

On my 2007, all 3 lights are on... I bought a basic ABS code reader/delete scanner... It reads it then when I go to erase, they dont actually go out the come back on... they just never go off even after the scanner reads codes erased.. they dont flicker or anything.. just stay on... Any thoughts??

Quick Reply: ABS, Brake, ESP/BAS, Traction Control Dash Light stay on...