Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Any good Sirius Renewal Deals for Radio and BackseatTV?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Default Any good Sirius Renewal Deals for Radio and BackseatTV?

Anybody know of any good Sirus Everything Radio and Sirius BackSeatTV deals going on now? My free 1 year of service for my Aspen is coming to an end and would like to retain it, but not for $250/yr for both services. I'm thinking about just biting the bullet and paying for it since I know the kids will wonder where it went and I won't hear the last of it. Also, when I called the renewal number, the CSR informed me there will a new TV channel in the fall for Adults so I was told. I may just cancel and see what types of deals retentions will offer. XM retentions is much better than Sirius IMHO.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:33 PM

Call them and ask for the $77/year deal for radio only. This does not include the BackseatTV product. When they try to add royalties, tell them you're only willing to pay the $77. Worked for a lot of people out there.

Alternatively, tell them you want the 4 months for $20 deal. Regardless, you'll have to call before the end of the contract each time to get the deal again. Obviously, the 4 months for $20 deal is the cheapest over the course of a year, but calling and dealing with their BS three times a year makes me choose option 1 ($77/year).

Satellite radio has placed itself in a position where people are bargaining for it because it's extremely expendable in most budgets. XM/Sirius understands that their service is nonessential and subject to being cancelled at any time, and they will bargain to keep you hooked up.

Last edited by 15951a\; 06-26-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Isn't the $77/yr only on XM? I've done that deal numrous times but never knew it worked for Sirius. Please confirm. Thanks.

j

Old 06-27-2010, 12:24 PM

Here is a secret Sirius won't tell you they offer a Lifetime plan for your radio for a one time payment of $499 . Just call ask about it and you will never another bill as long as you own your radio .

Old 06-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by hemisfear
Here is a secret Sirius won't tell you they offer a Lifetime plan for your radio for a one time payment of $499 . Just call ask about it and you will never another bill as long as you own your radio .
The lifetime deal is rarely a "deal" at all, and it's certainly no secret. They would LOVE to sell you that one. It's probably worth reading the fine print before sending them $500. If the subscription is for the receiver in your Aspen, it's only good for as long as you own the car. Based on the yearly plan I mention above, you'd have to keep the vehicle for 6.5 years just to break even. And good luck getting a prorated refund if/when Sirius fails and closes shop.

Enjoy the bold section below...

9. Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the Receiver equipment. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms. Non Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play Receiver is transferable from one Receiver to another Receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in these Terms. Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original Receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS, it is defective. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one person to another based upon a stolen or accidentally damaged Receiver you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in these Terms. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS, the Receiver is defective.

Last edited by 15951a\; 06-27-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by jcl_cls01
Isn't the $77/yr only on XM? I've done that deal numrous times but never knew it worked for Sirius. Please confirm. Thanks.

j
XM and Sirius are the same company. They merged awhile ago, and both offer the same deal. I have it on the Sirius for the Aspen, and on XM for my other car.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:38 PM

I understand for some this may not be a deal , but in 2007 it was $401 for a 3 year subscription and I plan on keeping my Aspen longer than 5 years . Now as far as the company failing Directv parent company has invested $530 million to let this happen they would take it over first .

Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 AM

I wouldn't pay a penny for a radio service that sounds worse them AM. I know a lot of people enjoy it, and listen to the talk-type shows. For music, I would never pay for it due to the horrible sound.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by 15951a\
Call them and ask for the $77/year deal for radio only. This does not include the BackseatTV product. When they try to add royalties, tell them you're only willing to pay the $77. Worked for a lot of people out there.

Alternatively, tell them you want the 4 months for $20 deal. Regardless, you'll have to call before the end of the contract each time to get the deal again. Obviously, the 4 months for $20 deal is the cheapest over the course of a year, but calling and dealing with their BS three times a year makes me choose option 1 ($77/year).

Satellite radio has placed itself in a position where people are bargaining for it because it's extremely expendable in most budgets. XM/Sirius understands that their service is nonessential and subject to being cancelled at any time, and they will bargain to keep you hooked up.
Called Sirius and spoke to them about the $77 winback promo and they never honored it or would cut a deal, so I let the trial service cancel. 10 days after it ended, I get a letter in the mail telling me that I can sign back up for $77/yr on the Radio, $96 on the Backseat TV. Why didn't they just give me the deal 10 days ago instead of me cancelling then having them wasting postage, paper, and having me to call back? Doesn't make any sense....

Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 AM

^ More of a reason to ditch them. I guess the TV would be nice though.