Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

help please, any good advice and help on fuel filter.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Default help please, any good advice and help on fuel filter.

Hi i have been on this messin with my chrysler sebring now i took it to a professional and he said its not a big problem he said he see a leak in the gas line thats y i smelled gas and he also need to change my fuel injector. Can someone please tell me why is that important ? and does it solve any gas smell problem. He also stated the water outlet housing isn't any good. Just bought it but i guess it wasnt any good, because the sensor never worked on it by the way. does this make any sense. my car was running hot and he stated because the housing isn't any good and maybe the person that put it in messed it up it was gettin air intake. Please let me know if what i stated can solve my car running hot and cooling boiling and gas smell problem. Please let me know. Thanks for the help i hope. also if anyone have a link where i can get the fuel injector. Thanks alot.

Last edited by musicfreak2195; 05-01-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: need to add a question.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM

It is natural that if you have a fuel leak that you will smell gas. It is entirely possible that your fuel leak is at or near the injectors, as those are responsible for putting the fuel into the engine. If they solve the fuel leak, your fuel smell will go away.

As far as running hot and boiling over, and your water outlet housing, well, you say you just got it, but did you buy new, or used? If new, who put it in? If used, then will the seller warrant it?

If it was installed by a shop, you have recourse. If you or a friend did it, you do not unless the part was actually manufactured with faults, which is not likely. There is no way to tell here on the forum, so you will have to depend on your mechanic for that information.

As far as whether it will fix your overheating problem goes, that is definitely possible, but by no means is it a guarantee. There are many other parts in the cooling system that can create problems as well, but it is a good place to start.

So, basically it all makes sense. Hope for the best.

Last edited by irdaneel; 05-20-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 PM

Thanks alot. I got the water outlet pretty cheap, maybe my cheapness cost it not to work , i should of stick with the high quality. He placed it on the machine and i do see coolant after a drive on the water outlet hose. thanks for the info . also i got it put in by a professional.