Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Camshaft Position Sensor Location

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Default Camshaft Position Sensor Location

I have a 07 Chrysler Aspen 4.7L 2wd. I took it into the dealership because it was having problems and I had a 8yr warranty on it. Well the problems were not covered under warranty. Go figure.

They said I had 2 problems one was I needed a new camshaft position sensor, and two was a new TPS. I have changed a camshaft sensor in another SUV i previously owned and it was fairly easy. Where is the location of the sensor at?

On the TPS is this easy to change? Finding the part is not easy. Or would you recommend a proffessional doing this kinda work? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

the 8 year warranty is for mechanical engine,tranny and rear end nothing electrical.
The 3-wire Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) is mounted on the throttle body and is connected to the throttle blade shaft.

The Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) (2) is bolted to the front/top of the right cylinder head (1).

1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Disconnect electrical connector (4) at CMP sensor.
3. Remove sensor mounting bolt (3).
4. Carefully twist sensor from cylinder head.
5. Check condition of sensor O-ring.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the help. For those who will have to change out their camshaft sensor in the future I found it easy to access it behind the passenger front tire. Its right there.

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
the 8 year warranty is for mechanical engine,tranny and rear end nothing electrical.
The 3-wire Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) is mounted on the throttle body and is connected to the throttle blade shaft.

The Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) (2) is bolted to the front/top of the right cylinder head (1).

Old 12-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by rycb25
I have a 07 Chrysler Aspen 4.7L 2wd. I took it into the dealership because it was having problems and I had a 8yr warranty on it. Well the problems were not covered under warranty. Go figure.

They said I had 2 problems one was I needed a new camshaft position sensor, and two was a new TPS. I have changed a camshaft sensor in another SUV i previously owned and it was fairly easy. Where is the location of the sensor at?

On the TPS is this easy to change? Finding the part is not easy. Or would you recommend a proffessional doing this kinda work? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH

Wow thank you so much. This is the best way to avoid heavy expenses this Christmas. I'll just spend it for Christmas food and not for LABOR I will also search in you tube for other guides but i guess i can follow your instructions! Cheers!