Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Hood release leaver

Old 03-01-2019, 06:41 AM
Default Hood release leaver

Trying again. Have no idea how messed up first and second try except for pushing to many keys. Original try shows date 10/31/2018 at 04:04 PM instead of date 02/27/2019. Who knows.

Under dash hood release leaver does not return to full shut position.

When I pull the hood release leaver (under dash) to release or unlock the hood, it unlocks (release) and goes to the safety latch. However, when I shut the hood, it may not latch. Only the safety latch catches. Sometimes it does, sometimes is does not. I have to push the release leaver to the full shut position. Sometimes the release leaver only returns to about 2/3 or 3/4 of the distance. I used to have a digital Gen 2 Durango manual. However, computer crashed and it was lost. Otherwise, would look in manual.
Questions:

Is there a spring under the dash to return the hood release leaver to full close position?

Or is there a spring under the hood for the hood release leaver? There is a spring for the hood hatch. That spring keeps the hood all the way down and shut.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by New but used Aspen
Trying again. Have no idea how messed up first and second try except for pushing to many keys. Original try shows date 10/31/2018 at 04:04 PM instead of date 02/27/2019. Who knows.

Under dash hood release leaver does not return to full shut position.

When I pull the hood release leaver (under dash) to release or unlock the hood, it unlocks (release) and goes to the safety latch. However, when I shut the hood, it may not latch. Only the safety latch catches. Sometimes it does, sometimes is does not. I have to push the release leaver to the full shut position. Sometimes the release leaver only returns to about 2/3 or 3/4 of the distance. I used to have a digital Gen 2 Durango manual. However, computer crashed and it was lost. Otherwise, would look in manual.
Questions:

Is there a spring under the dash to return the hood release leaver to full close position?

Or is there a spring under the hood for the hood release leaver? There is a spring for the hood hatch. That spring keeps the hood all the way down and shut.
Go to your profile page and look at your posting statistics...I replied to one of your many threads of this same thread title 3 days ago!