Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

LED fog light replacements

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Default LED fog light replacements

Has anyone replaced the fog lights with LED's? I have not used the OE fog lights due the PIA it seems to be to replace them, but one has burned out anyway. I thought the LED's would be a great way to solve this problem but I want a plug and play replacement.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:04 AM

I haven't found any LED style fogs for the Aspen. Frankly finding anything aftermarket for it is difficult. Especially in the lighting aspect of it all. However, I did find some projectors with halo's that are direct replacement for the OEM ones on eBay. The halo portion of it will require additional wiring, but the projectors are suppose to be plug and play. I've purchased a set but haven't got around to installing them yet. My time is limited and as you said, they do look like a PITA to replace. They do look good and hopefully I will get to installing them soon for more info on direct fit. For $45 a pair, I figure they are worth a shot. Here's a link to them: 05 09 Chrysler 300C Halo Projector Fog Lights Clear Front Bumper Lamps Pair | eBay

Old 03-11-2016, 10:04 AM

Sylvania makes them...full replacement LED fog lights, under their ZEVO line.

I am interested in them, but useless to me until my OEMs are cracked and rubbish.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:10 PM

Looking at your post again, I see you are just asking about replacing the bulbs themselves with LED's. Not the lenses. Personally I haven't done this on the Aspen. I have done this on my Accord. They looked good but I don't think they put out as much light as halogens. Of course this was a while back when I did this and with the technology getting better all the time on LED's I'm sure they are pretty good now. Biggest thing is to check on the lumens output. A standard Sylvania 9145 bulb puts out 1005 lumens. So try and find an LED one that can closely match it. Also, be careful when purchasing on line. I made the mistake of ordering some where the LED's on it were so big they wouldn't fit in the housing hole. Purchase locally if possible so you can return if they won't fit.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:09 PM

If you are looking for just bulbs...OPT7 is a reputable brand.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:43 AM

I did the bulbs in my Durango running lights but never liked the way they looked when compared to the headlights. I got them off eBay and don't remember the brand. They worked great, but just looked odd being so much whiter that the headlights. My Aspen has really nice lenses still and the stock bulbs still look good, so I'm staying with them for now.