Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Loud Noise Possibly Brakes...Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Default Loud Noise Possibly Brakes...Please Help

I have a 2008 Chrysler Aspen:

I had my rear brakes done a few months ago at dealership, they 1st used a v-line type and they resurfaced the rotors I had a lot of sound coming from them and that area so I went back to dealership in October and they replaced the brakes w/ mopar oem pads and replaced the rotors w/ new ones. I still have this sound.... it sounds like it is coming from the brake area still, while having my foot on the brake and putting it into reverse this loud creak, squeak, groan sound happens while foot is still on the brake I then put it into drive and the same sound happens. This sound also happens on a incline such as backing out (down) on incline w/ foot on brake. I've noticed a similiar sound will also happen if I have to come to a sudden stop as well and then the shift of force from the front to back causes this sound as well. This is "VERY" frustrating I have asked the dealership about this and they have told me that this sound sometime happens in vehicles and it is normal, however I never had this sound there before, I've also been told that it is normal friction of the brake pad and rotor which I've never heard of that before. Please help me with this I'm at wits end not sure if this could be caused by something else back there, they said they had checked the driveline and suspension as well and found nothing, maybe something is being overlooked.