Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

new

  #1  
Old 04-19-2019, 12:06 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11
Default new

I'm new to this site; just purchased a 07 Aspen Limited, 4x4 with HI and LOW switch, 5.7L hemi from a private owner who bought it new and really kept it up nice, still looks new and runs great even though it just turned 150K on the clock ,always garaged. Looks like I may have to replace original shocks and going to do all the fluids next week; has Pirelli tires on it; hard rubber and a rough ride, I let some air out of them and it helped, will get some cooper or lexani terrain beast tires for it, they really ride nice. We love the way it floats over the hwy, nice and quiet although would like to hear that hemi rumble from time to time like in my Dodge Ram truck. Love the Aspen. How often do I have to change plugs and which kind are the best. Thanks for any replies.
 
  #2  
Old 04-19-2019, 08:37 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by dybeepvw View Post
I'm new to this site; just purchased a 07 Aspen Limited, 4x4 with HI and LOW switch, 5.7L hemi from a private owner who bought it new and really kept it up nice, still looks new and runs great even though it just turned 150K on the clock ,always garaged. Looks like I may have to replace original shocks and going to do all the fluids next week; has Pirelli tires on it; hard rubber and a rough ride, I let some air out of them and it helped, will get some cooper or lexani terrain beast tires for it, they really ride nice. We love the way it floats over the hwy, nice and quiet although would like to hear that hemi rumble from time to time like in my Dodge Ram truck. Love the Aspen. How often do I have to change plugs and which kind are the best. Thanks for any replies.
Welcome!

I actually just put new shocks on today, what a world of difference. I went with Bilsteins.
 
  #3  
Old 04-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11
Default

Yeah I been looking at Bilsteins and Monroe, so I will get one of them for sure, and probably new front rotors and brake pads. Do you know if the fuel filter is in the tank like on my 08' Hemi Ram truck.
 
  #4  
Old 04-20-2019, 10:46 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 53
Default

Originally Posted by dybeepvw View Post
Yeah I been looking at Bilsteins and Monroe, so I will get one of them for sure, and probably new front rotors and brake pads. Do you know if the fuel filter is in the tank like on my 08' Hemi Ram truck.
Yeah part of the tank/pump assembly. Not really serviceable. I have bilsteins on mine. They are good, if anything the back is a little stiff with no one in it. But it's not bad at all. You'll probably wanna drop the spare to make things easier on the back.
 
  #5  
Old 04-21-2019, 08:27 AM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by themps View Post
Yeah part of the tank/pump assembly. Not really serviceable. I have bilsteins on mine. They are good, if anything the back is a little stiff with no one in it. But it's not bad at all. You'll probably wanna drop the spare to make things easier on the back.
Dropping the spare is what we did as well. I dont find it stiff, but then again my car was stiff....so probably use to it.
 
  #6  
Old 04-21-2019, 08:33 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11
Default

Ended up ordering KYB shocks for it online, I know it will be better than the original equipment ones and going to get rid of those Pirelli hard rubber tires also.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.