Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

New Shocks, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 01:09 PM

The biggest piece of advise I can give, is you will need both the 18 millimeter and 15 millimeter wrench/sockets for the front and the back. I did mine in my garage, no lift it was easier to take the tires off each corner as I worked. Make sure on the fronts to install the top first other than that, it is pretty straight forward. If you're like me, you may not have everything you need but you can find something to help you get things to line up. I used a small floor jack to help press the shocks into position.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:01 PM

Those were the easiest rear shocks I have ever done. It took maybe 20min start to finish and it could have gone maybe twice as fast. I did reflex on all 4 corners and am very pleased. The best tip I have for the rears is to lift the back end till the shock is completely uncompressed (leave tires on and on the ground - you are only unloading the suspension). Pull the bottom off on both sides first (you will only need the 16mm? up top as there are locking plates on the inside of the frame - the best invention I've seen and they should be on all rear shock configurations). When installing... hang the top mounts first (leave straps on if you can till you are ready. Sorry for running on but I've done lots of suspension on lots of vehicles and nothing has ever been this easy. Wow.

A.