Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

problem with my a/c

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Default problem with my a/c

So yesterday i jump in my truck to go to the grocery store and turn the a/c on, the air started coming through all the vents in the rear and vents down by my feet and even the top two side one's on the dash but nothing on the ones across the dash. So first thing i do is make sure I have the right mode selection which i did(face a/c and rear a/c) I didn't have the vents on the bottom on but still they came on and after a couple of minutes like that it completely shut off but the a/c showed to be on just no air coming through the vents. I shut the a/c completey off shut the truck off and retried it again and it started working correctly. Has anyone had a problem with this before. What should I do or where do i start looking for the problem? Could it be something fixing to go out or something. This is not the first time it has happened but it does happen every once in a while

Old 08-17-2010, 09:29 PM

That could be the air door actuator or the switch. Please let us know what you find out.

Do you have automatic or manual a/c?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:50 PM

not sure what you mean by automatic or manual but if it helps its an 07 chrysler aspen with a 5.7L

Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Sounds like the control head was calibrating itself....but I can't imagine why it would on it's own.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:31 PM

you know it actually starting happening when i had to reprogram my remote start because the remote start never worked. So what a friend of mine did is just hit the remote start and held the main key right next to the ignition switch and the car stayed running and didn't shut off until we deactivated the remote start and ever since then the remote start is working properly. But i'm not sure what that would have to do with my a/c