Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Question about remote starter/DVD Player?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Default Question about remote starter/DVD Player?

Just purchased an '08 Aspen with the factory remote start and was wondering if there is a way to engage the remote start while the vehicle is already running? (ie. running into the post office, don't want to have to turn the vehicle off and then start it again with the remote once I am outside. My Ford had this feature and it was very handy. Just had to put the vehicle in Park and then press the remote start button and you could pull the key out.)

Also was wondering if there was a setting anywhere (that I haven't found yet!!) for the DVD player to start from the spot it left off at when you turned the vehicle off and then restarted it. The movie always starts from the beginning again and my kids aren't old enough to know how to use the remote yet (4 & 1 yrs old) but they are old enough to know the movie just started over AGAIN!

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Old 10-27-2010, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by jenfahren
Just purchased an '08 Aspen with the factory remote start and was wondering if there is a way to engage the remote start while the vehicle is already running? (ie. running into the post office, don't want to have to turn the vehicle off and then start it again with the remote once I am outside. My Ford had this feature and it was very handy. Just had to put the vehicle in Park and then press the remote start button and you could pull the key out.)
No, and I'm a little surprised Ford had this feature, as it creates some potential liability. Imagine hitting that button to run into the post office, and it shuts off automatically in 15 minutes with a kid or two in the car.

Originally Posted by jenfahren
Also was wondering if there was a setting anywhere (that I haven't found yet!!) for the DVD player to start from the spot it left off at when you turned the vehicle off and then restarted it. The movie always starts from the beginning again and my kids aren't old enough to know how to use the remote yet (4 & 1 yrs old) but they are old enough to know the movie just started over AGAIN!

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Our 08 starts where it left off -- I would check the MyGIG manual and see if there's a default setting in there that's been changed.