Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Default RE: Remote Starter

I negotiated in an aftermarket remote start when I purchased my Aspen. Boy was that a terrible decision. I spent the next 3 months trying to get it installed. I was told everything from it not being out yet, to it being on backorder, to finally being told that it couldn't be installed because of issues that might cause the car not to start.I spent a ton of time on the phone and complaining to the dealership (Brookdale Chrysler in Brooklyn Park, MN) only to finally get a Uconnect installed instead. I managed to get 4 free oil changes out of it, which is nothing compared to the time I spent trying to get this resolved.

Add to that the fact that the General Manager never returned my calls, and you've got a pretty bad Chrysler experience. While I love the Aspen, I'll think again about buying from this dealership in the future. We bought a 2007 G35 from Inifiniti 2 months later and received some of the best service I've ever been given at a dealership.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:17 AM

I just picked up my Aspen yesterday, and just noticed today that the a/c did not come on with the remote start. I will have to check and see if air is coming out the floor vents. Has anyone tried setting there key fob to their memory settings? I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to try it tomorrow. Just thought this might let the a/c know whose setting to use when using the remote start. Maybe not who knows!!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:10 AM

Our Aspen turns on the A/C from the dash with Remote Start. The radio/Nav comes on with the key as well as the back seat A/C system.
The keys have been linked to the Memory System and reset everything when we unlock the car.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:29 AM

lol i heard someone saying they couldn't put it on their automobile? what is it ... from the 40's? i have a remote start on my 94 pontiac sunbird. I put it in myself 2. Everyday it was something new.. the first day it was getting power to everything and getting remote/antenna/horn/etc... next day remote start n whatnot.. and another brake wire.. now i have just to get the locks connected so the door locks n unlocks...

now as for the ac and all, none of my wires can connect.. what you want is a 12 volt line to goto your accessory.. mine is orange and should be putting out 12 volt.. i tried putting the line for my oil pump (off alarm) to my accessory.. and it sparked which is cool b/c im sure that oil pump is putting out some voltage.. i think it was just a line to measure my oil levels on my lcd remote.. but anyways.. only the ac blew... and the radio didn't come on... i have a new radio ima try it again but... it almost seems like I can either just have remote start or acessories on.. i am going to try and take a line from my start or ignition (prob ignition first) wire to my acessory and see if it'll turn it on and keep it running.. other than that i dont have no 12 volt line :-/

just so u know altho the oil pump turned on the ac.. i have 2 lines.. one to goto the 12 v a/c line.. and one for the a/c controller... but i dunno what wires those are.. half the wires i figured out myself b/c it wasn't on a wiring diagram

Old 12-12-2007, 07:46 PM

Is there anyway around the fob issue (get new keys with the remote start transender)?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:18 PM

Is your Uconnect a fob stuck to the dash, or did you buy the mirror?