Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

seatbelt alert and rec nav question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Default seatbelt alert and rec nav question

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just bought a 2007 Aspen limited. So far I love it, but I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with. I did a search, but didn't find any answers.

1st: Is there any way to disable the seat belt alert noise? I asked the dealer and they said no. I thought about buying a seatbelt extender that clips into the female end but the dealer said that wouldn't work and that it would probably never recognize the seat belt as being fastened.

2nd: Is there a way to disable the safety feature on the REC nav so that I can input while moving?

Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by ncpick1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just bought a 2007 Aspen limited. So far I love it, but I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with. I did a search, but didn't find any answers.

1st: Is there any way to disable the seat belt alert noise? I asked the dealer and they said no. I thought about buying a seatbelt extender that clips into the female end but the dealer said that wouldn't work and that it would probably never recognize the seat belt as being fastened.

2nd: Is there a way to disable the safety feature on the REC nav so that I can input while moving?
There is a lockpick that's available to allow input while driving, but it isn't cheap. Combined with the lack of a seatbelt, I feel like I'll be reading about you in the newspaper in a few weeks.

If you really want to disable the chime, check page 51 of your manual. Obviously, this is a bad idea for a number of reasons, but it's your life...

Last edited by 15951a\; 10-09-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:27 AM

THanks for your help. I figured out the seatbelt chime. I know I should wear it but whatever. I looked into the lock pic and tv in-motion but I don't think it's worth $250 for what I need it for. I'm not looking to input info myself but it should recognize a passenger (like the heated seats do) and allow it then. This is a family car and I don't remember the last time I used the navigation when I was alone. I read about people hacking their disc but that makes me nervous. Thanks again.