Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

So, has anyone tried the ..

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Default So, has anyone tried the ..

Mygig lockpick yet? Is it any good? Just wondering if I should get one.
Thanks.

For those that don't know what it is :

www.coastaletech.com/mygig.htm

Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Default RE: So, has anyone tried the ..

I did, works great, even installed a rear view camera. I would recommend it, since it allows you to use all the features the MyGig has to offer, the instructions were very easy to understand.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Question Lockpick vs AllGig

Has anyone ever done a feature by feature comparision between the MyGig Lockpick V.2 and the NAV-TV AllGig units? I am thinking about getting one of these units and am wondering and the pros and cons of each. Does one unit offer more features than the others?

Thanks for your advice, in advance!

Old 12-24-2009, 01:43 AM
Default So has anyone tried the

Has anyone, who recently got the game, tried out the editor yet? Whats it like? Is it easy to use? What about the scripting element...do you need to be a programming wizz kid to use it?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Thumbs up Mygig Lockpick V.3

I just purchased the new Lockpick V.3, along with the AV9003 multimedia harness and Barcam 221 license plate camera for the front of my vehicle. The new Lockpick also has a USB interface for firmware updates.

My 2009 Chrysler Aspen has the factory RER navigation radio with U-Connect and rear entertainment system, as well as the factory back-up camera.

I set the DIP switches on the Lockpick as follows:

1 - UP for low speed bus
2 - DOWN for radio with NAV button
3 - DOWN for vehicle with NAV
4 - DOWN for factory rear entertainment system
5 - UP for viewing video while in motion

The installation went great. I managed to locate the factory back-up light and rear camera power wiring splice under the driver's seat. I isolated the rear camera power and ran it up under the center console, along with another wire from the original splice point. This will allow me to re-connect the backup camera to the original power source, should I choos to remove the Lockpick when I sell the vehicle someday, without having to pull everything apart again.

Everything on the Lockpick works as advertised . . . EXCEPT:

I cannot get either front or rear camera to come on when placing the vehicle in Drive or Reverse. Both cameras work fine if manually enabled; they just won't work automatically.

The rear camera is manually enabled by double clicking the U-Connect button. The front camera is manually enabled by double clicking the Power button after first enabling the rear camera as above.

You are supposed to be able to program the rear camera to come on automatically at slow speeds by first placing the vehicle in Reverse, manually selecting the rear camera by double clicking the U-Connect button, then holding the U-Connect button for 7 seconds.

You are supposed to be able to program the front camera to come on automatically at slow speeds by first placing the vehicle in Drive, manually selecting the rear camera by double clicking the U-Connect button, then manually selecting the front camera by double clicking the Power button, then holding the U-Connect button for 7 seconds.

Neither of these procedures works in my vehicle; everything else seems to work as advertised, including viewing video while in motion and entering addresses into the NAV system.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas out there?

Thanks!