Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

tow package Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Default tow package Aspen

Hello everbody,
My name is Pete and i am new to this forum. I just purchased a 2008 Aspen with the Hemi engine 4x4. it did not come with the tow package but i have the dealer installed a mopar hitch and wiring on it before i pay for it they add the cost to the final price of the truck. I asked them about the other accessories that came with the tow package, they told me that i don't need no transcooler or powersteering cooler because i already have one. The transcooler i have on the aspen is mounted vertically in front of the radiator you can see it from the front grille, it has 11 rows. Is that the same one you guys with the factory tow package have? if anyone can take a look at theirs and let me know how many rows they have; it would be deeply appreciated.
NOTE: i only have the car for a week now, i hope it will not be too late if i need something else done to it with no cost to me.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 PM

I have an 08 with the Trailer Tow Group. It comes with:

- Class IV receiver hitch;
- 7- and 4-pin wiring harness;
- Heavy Duty Service Group (auxiliary transmission oil cooler and power steering cooler);
- Skid Plate Group - tow hooks and skid plates for the fuel tank and transfer case;
- 3.92:1 axle ratio when you have both the Trailer Tow Group and the Hemi engine; and
- Transfer case with low range on 4x4 models.

I think the Heavy Duty Service Group could be ordered without the Trailer Tow Group, but I wouldn't expect that to be very popular - people generally wouldn't want the beefed up cooling unless they're towing, AFAIK. Ask the dealer for a build sheet so they can demonstrate that the auxiliary transmission oil cooler and power steering cooler was factory installed.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:53 PM

thanks for your response, the dealer gave me the built sheet today and i could not find any auxilary transcooler on it but they keep insisting that the aspen with the tow package has the 11 row transmission cooler as well. Anyways, would you mind looking through the front grille of your Aspen whenever you have a chance and tell me how many row your transcooler has? i am trying to make sure that the dealer is not feeding me B.S. thank you.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:47 AM

I just checked my build sheet because I also have the tow package, and it is the same as 15951a/'s. Gotta love the 3.92's.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by juniordelor
thanks for your response, the dealer gave me the built sheet today and i could not find any auxilary transcooler on it but they keep insisting that the aspen with the tow package has the 11 row transmission cooler as well. Anyways, would you mind looking through the front grille of your Aspen whenever you have a chance and tell me how many row your transcooler has? i am trying to make sure that the dealer is not feeding me B.S. thank you.
11, oriented vertically. Lots of other crap going on in there as well - radiators galore.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by 15951a\
11, oriented vertically. Lots of other crap going on in there as well - radiators galore.
Thanks for the info. i guess the dealer was telling the truth after all. some Aspen are rated to tow close to 9000lbs, i guess chrysler think the 11 rows is adequate enought to cool the transmission for that kind of load.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:52 AM

I wouldn't think there would be different coolers. As long as there IS a tranny cooler, you should be good. I installed the Mopar hitch on mine. Boy -- that was fun. The whole bumper mask, splash guards, etc had to come off. I still need the wiring harness -- which I am also going with Mopar.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 AM

I have a Rigid Hitch Jobber Catalog. The Jobber price is $100.97 and the list price is $170.95. Part number RH-161 for the Chrysler Aspen, 2007-2009.