Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Uncommanded acceleration strike 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 10:16 AM
Default Uncommanded acceleration strike 3

Another uncommanded acceleration from the 2009 Aspen. This time the wife rear ended someone. Minor damage and no injuries thank God. Same scenario each time. Brakes applied and almost to a complete stop when it suddenly goes full throttle. Then after a few seconds it returns to normal. Did it to me once, did it to the wife twice. Anyone else have this experience? Any idea what could cause it. The first time it happened to the wife it was blown off as she hit the throttle and brake at the same time. Then it happened to me.

Old 11-27-2021, 04:33 PM
Default i know the feeling

hello-
just joined this forum to get some help with my stereo install and came across your post

i just bought my aspen about a month ago- had a similar issue- except mine would sputter and almost stall - try pressing the accelerator and nothing - then a jerk of acceleration.
first time it happened - scared me- ( not going to lie lol)
it happened a few times after that initial.
i looked at a few video's online regarding the 5.7 hemi and i guess it sorts of an issue with theses engines. one video recommended a injector cleaner which i did use.
also ive recently changed my alternator and have not had the issue since. i heard the infamous whining and changed it- there was no check engine light that came on.

hope this helps.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:26 PM

Mine did the same exact thing except only by God did I survive.....this is mine. ..

Old 11-03-2022, 01:41 PM

Done some research. My exact problem is not new. So much so that Chrysler modified the computer on later models to disconnect the throttle when brakes are applied. Most common in the Town and Countries. There was never a recall that I'm aware of and Chrysler won't admit there was a problem. Yet, they modified the program to keep it from happening. Worst part is, they won't reprogram older models. Probable because they would be admitting to it.