Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Urgent help please with my aspen

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Default Urgent help please with my aspen

Just bought an 07 Aspen yesterday with 51K miles, mint and ran good well I thought until today!!!

Every time I am slowing down to stop at 28 mph the transmission as it shift down while stopping clunks every single time I decelerate and stop. I can duplicate the clunk every single time at 28 mph while slowing down to stop. What gives? Anyone else have this issue? It's going back to the dealer that I bought it at tomorrow, just wondering if I should try to get out of this Aspen due to transmission problems or if this is a common problem and is easy to repair? If I place the transmission in Neutral at slow down to a stop it never does it at all. Leads me to believe the tans has an issue? HELP anyone?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 PM

Just a quick update about this clunking on downshift issue. I just got my Aspen back from the dealer and it turns out that it was a transmission software issue. The dealer reset the computer and did a re-learn on the trans and then updated the software. No more clunking on downshifts at all!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM

For what you spent on on reflashing the PCM (most likely what the dealer did if it was a "software issue"), you could have gotten a Jet or SCT chip and it would have likely fixed the problem. An SCT Xcal 2 or 3 will change shift points,

FYI - http://www.sctflash.com/DCXC2.php - one of the absolute best things you can do for a vehicle. A noticeable HP/torque gain and improved mileage. Have an Xcal 3 on my 94 Tbird w/32 valve 4.6 and a 9 psi kenne bell blower and it's awesome.

Mine apparently had that problem (I just bought it a week or so ago) and the PCM was reflashed on 2/5. No real other reason to reflash the computer.