Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 The base model offers a coupe, convertible, or roadster, but regardless of the model chosen this luxury sports car offers pure driving enjoyment and for those who want a few extra ponies under the hood the supercharged model offers the driver 330 hp

no brake light when I push the brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Default no brake light when I push the brake pedal

So like the title is saying I dont have any light when I push the brake pedal. until today the back glass light was working but out of a suden it fails. I want to mention that when I turn the lights on everything is working, it is only when I brake that it doesn't wanna work.

1- I checked the bulbs on both sides and on the back glass and they are all right.
2- I checked all the fuses on the hood and cabin (side of the dash) related to any kind of light and they are ok
3- I tested my brake switch and it is working

So now I am lost...I have minimal knowledge in electricity but I really want to kill this problem. Is there any junction boxes to check? Or do I have to follow the wires to the end?

If anybody do have a good wiring diagram that would be really appreciated.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 PM

I have minimal knowledge in electricity but I really want to kill this problem
How do you know your Brake Switch is good?

Crossfires have an Illumination Module. It's the headlamp switch but is packed in behind the dash. About 500 bucks. There is also a Brake Lamp relay on the drivers side underhood fuse box. It's the yellow one. I would advise you put a BL switch in it.

Do your brake lights light up when your foot is OFF the pedal? Key ON?