Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

05 Pac Recall Chrysler Wouldn't Fix My 05 Pac!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Default 05 Pac Recall Chrysler Wouldn't Fix My 05 Pac!!!!!!!!!!!

I am at my LAST NERVE with Chrysler.....here is my story....(the short version):

Since May 2006 I have had my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica into the dealership I purchased it from, Zubek Motors Tawas City MI, several times to have a "slight hesitation" checked out. This "hesitation" happens when I am just taking off from a stop, maybe5-10 mph. Almost like a "jerk". Since, I have stalled onceaftertaking off from astop sign. Since the dealership's service department could never get the problem to duplicate, they always said there was "nothing they could do about it". At the point of frustration I took the dealership service manager, Tim Bischoff, for ride with me until it happened again. It did happen while he was in the vehicle. He still states there is nothing they can do, because they do not know where the problem lies. I asked the service manager to do some research to see if any other Pacifica owners were having these problems and he never responded to me. I decided to do the research on my own. I found hundreds of people in a discussion group on the internet having a lot of the same issues, actually much worse, but the same issue. I recently found this recall:
[/align]

2005 CHRYSLER PACIFICA Recall ID from NHTSA: 06V432000

Auto Recall Date: 20061109
Vehicle Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)

I also found this TSB, which was a possible fix for the problem:
TSB 1803905

I took this information into the dealership and they told me they would still not performeitherone of thefixes because my 2005 Pacifica was not included in the recall, it was built too early. I questioned this with the dealership because my 2005 Pacifica is having the same issues as these other Pacifica's. The owner of the dealership, John Zubek, states he spoke with his Chrysler district rep and was told they could do nothing about the problem because my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica is 3 days too early on the "built date". Are you kidding me????? 3 days early???? I am at the point of a nervous breakdown over all of this. I have 2 small children and I have a 50 mile (one way) drive to work every day. I pray every day thatmy car does not stall again and get struck by another driver while my children are with me.
I needed to voice this concern somewhere as Chrysler has never responded to my complaint and the dealership does not care. [/align]
IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WITH THIS PROBLEM?

Thanks!

Old 03-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 05 Pac Recall Chrysler Wouldn't Fix My 05 Pac!!!!!!!!!!!

do u know why they wont flash your computer its not in the build date for which the software will fix your issue plus for one things its not a recall its only a TSB which is possable fixes that chrysler tech center has found to correct issues. If they flash your computer and it does not fix it what then?? would u not get all hopping mad like u are now and say what u did not fix my car. Plus one other thing that does not deal with u is that if a dealer flashes a computer that a tsb does not apply to based on the vin and build date that the tsb is made just for that chrysler can kick the clame back and not get paied for doing the work and who then pays for the mistake of doing something like that either the dealer for getting a charge back or the tech and having that money that he got for doing that will be taken away. To me thats not worth it in my eyes to start something like that and it turn into a bigger issue that just not fixing the car. But back to your issue at hand I would only assume that they looked at al of the tsbs that apply to your build date and well i dont knwo your build date which i can find by the last 8 of your vin and maybe help u out with this issue that ua re having. Can u tell me what the issue is first hand stalling??? would be the main one because a hesistation would be just something that u dont like with the car. There is a small hesistation with all pac that i have ever driven because of the motor and tranny setup now the new ones with the 4.0L are different.
Let me know what i can help u out with.
Kevin

Old 03-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Kevin - you need to understand something. I am not asking for FREE WORK to be done to my vehicle I am asking for someone to at least try to get a diagnosis. I am educated in Social Work, not mechanics or I would diagnose the problem myself. My problem lies in the fact that no one at the dealership can even take the initiative to even to try to figure out what the problem is. All I get is "I DON'T KNOW". Not one time has someone said, you know, let me talk with some other service departments to see if anyone else is having this problem. Nope....so the customer was left to do the work. What did the customer find....other Pacifica owners having the same problems....but the customer must be crazy because the build date of her Pacifica is 3 days earlier that the models that were recalled. My problem, Kevin, is that I am still having theses "hesitation" problems when I am between 10 - 15 mph, like I am getting ready to stall. What, because I don't stall every time, I shouldn't worry???? I have already had a transmission shop check my transmission to make sure the issue was not there. I didn't have a problem paying that bill. So, if someone would be at least willing to help, I just may be willing to pay a bill, but I have not been given the chance. Get it? I hate to get so sarcastic with you, but I felt a little of it from your way....

Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

I can understand your pain as for as not getting that car fixed I deal with other techs crap that they cant fix all day long. The way u came off is what i was refering to, Reread what u had said in your other post U said and i quote
I took this information into the dealership and they told me they would still not performeitherone of thefixes because my 2005 Pacifica was not included in the recall, it was built too early. I questioned this with the dealership because my 2005 Pacifica is having the same issues as these other Pacifica's.
Like i said thay cant perform a TSB that is not covered by what it says in the tsb aka build date or vin or what ever it might be thats a fact and there is nothing that can be done about that. And the second issue its NOT A RECALL that is a totaly different kinda work to be done. If it was a recall then we would not be having this talk. Why dont u do this give me the last 8 of your vin and i will look inot it myself and see what TSB will be in relation to your car that way i can see for mself what the issue or all we will be doing is pissing in the wind.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
ace

I am unsure if this will help or not but i know one of our techs has said that some of the pacificas need to be driven harder to get the valves turning to clean them. I know we have done a few valve rotate services to some pacificas but i am unsure of what the build date and or if it may help you or not. He told me that the engine needs to get higher rpms so the engine can well kinda clean itself. I do have to say most of the cars that need this are the one where the little old lady drives to the corner store and to church on sunday . And you sound like you drive your car pretty far but who knows. You have found a tsb number before so i will give you another one to check out maybe it might help a bit 09-010-06 it is about a rough idle as well . I know its frustrating about a new car and having these issuesbut unfortunatly they have to follow their rules as well. Not trying to defend them or anything but we all have thigs we must do right. Good Luck

Old 03-14-2007, 12:05 PM

Ace -
This may sound really silly, but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! All I need is someone like you in the dealership to take some initiative in saying "maybe, this could be it" or lets look at this or..... And that is what you did. I will take this info to the dealership to see what they say. Thanks again!
Alecia

Old 03-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

that tsb maybe the same kinda issue as the one u were trying to get done b4 it maybe out of your build date. If u would give me the last 8 of your vin like i had asked in the post b4 i would tell u what would apply to your pac.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 PM

I have an 06 Pacifica Touring with the 3.5L engine. Mine is a dog right off the start too. It seems to take off with no power or torque but then it kicks in and goes like hell. This happens from a dead stop, and sometimes when I'm going up a steep hill. Sometimes even in 3'rd gear it seems to have no gut's when you step on the gas to pass a car and then it kicks in and takes off. My car has 63K on it and probably needs new spark plugs which I plan on doing soon. Chrysler says you can go 100K on the plugs but I don't see that happening with any of these engines. Hopefully this will help, but it seems to have been like that from the start. I bought it with 29K on it. Something else to try too is a different grade of gas. The company recommends 89 octane, but mine seems to run better with 91 octane. Use the Lucas gas treatment every other tank full or two to keep the injectors and valves clean.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:43 AM

Aschabel, did the dealer ever offer to take the car for a few days? Either the tech or service manger would take the car home to duplicate issues. Usually the problem was found after the 1st day of someone driving it around.

My 05 town and country hesitates while cold all the time. I have not had it checked out yet. If I drive it a little harder while cold, it does fine.

Can you try a different dealer?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:18 PM

grbullets...
what you describe sounds more like the factory tuning of the Pacificas. The 3.5L makes peak torque @ 3950rpm and peak HP @ 6400rpm. The 3.8L available on '05 & '06 make peak torque @ 4000 and peak HP @ 5000.
I've come across similar sensations on other makes of vehicles, an '02 Mitsubishi Galant that I drove comes to mind. Knowing this I use the *Autostick* feature in the Pacifica when getting ready to pass someone to put the rpms up in the powerband. i don't particularly care for the tuning and I'm sure there is an aftermarket ECU tuning kit out there that could be used for a custom tune, but that may also affect your mileage.
I've not had any 'hesitation' issues in the '04 Pacifica, but I have felt a barely noticable 'shuddering' (for lack of better description) sensation when cruising at ~40mph @ ~2000rpm.