Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

'05 Pacifica P0420 & P0456 plus a few other issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Default '05 Pacifica P0420 & P0456 plus a few other issues

I have a 2005 Pacifica Touring with about 188,000 miles.

1.) I just had the cat replaced about a month ago because I was getting the P0420 code. I took it in and they tested EGR, 02 sensors and cat and said the cat need replaced so I had them do it. Now I am getting P0420 & P0456 codes. Any ideas what could cause these to show up together now?

2.) I had a new AC compressor put on last year and my AC worked great. In August I had my step son replace my blower motor with one from a junk yard and it still works perfectly. My AC wasn't getting very cool unless I was driving above around 45mph. When in park or at a stop light, it wasn't very cool at all. Now my AC does not work at all. I had it briefly looked at when my cat was replaced but they did not have time to do a complete diagnostic on it. They did say that the compressor is fine. So what could be causing my AC to not work?

3.) Last year shortly after we bought the car, the power seats, heated seats and adjustable pedal quit working. I have to drive with a pillow behind my back because it is back all the way. How can I fix this?

4.) When I hit bumps or dips in the road, my rear end feels like it is swaying back and forth. I had it fixed last August and can't remember what was replaced, but he only did the one side and said the other side was fine. Now it is doing it again. Any ideas on this?

Old 07-22-2015, 09:06 PM

Regarding #2 from above: they said that there is something causing the compressor to not kick on.

5.) The display that shows the temp is not lit anymore. If I hit, it will usually come back on. How do I fix this?

Old 07-29-2015, 09:28 PM

1) I am having a P0420 code on my 2006 Pacifica for 2 years now. I had to replaced Catalytic Converter twice so far. First time it was done by dealer under federally mandated warranty about 4 years ago. Then P0420 came back 1 week after the new aftermarket converter (Walker brand) and it was 2 years ago. Mechanic said something about engine running rich and causing P0420 code. Oxygen sensor already been replaced, twice. PCV valve & EGR valve have been replaced as well. I figured I have to live with the P0420 unless I am willing to have engine rebuilt.

2) My AC is also working like yours. And it is short cycling when it constantly kicks in & out. It cools bit better at high speed. I may take it to shop but I am reluctant as shops want to change compressor & other expensive parts with same problem keep coming back.

5) My AC headunit which displayed temperature went out last year. Initially display would come back when I knocked on it but then it diet. I have to replace it with a unit from eBay.

Hey but look at bright side, at least your car made it to 188,000 miles. Mine is about to die around 130,000 miles.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Raindrop
1) I am having a P0420 code on my 2006 Pacifica for 2 years now. I had to replaced Catalytic Converter twice so far. First time it was done by dealer under federally mandated warranty about 4 years ago. Then P0420 came back 1 week after the new aftermarket converter (Walker brand) and it was 2 years ago. Mechanic said something about engine running rich and causing P0420 code. Oxygen sensor already been replaced, twice. PCV valve & EGR valve have been replaced as well. I figured I have to live with the P0420 unless I am willing to have engine rebuilt.

2) My AC is also working like yours. And it is short cycling when it constantly kicks in & out. It cools bit better at high speed. I may take it to shop but I am reluctant as shops want to change compressor & other expensive parts with same problem keep coming back.

5) My AC headunit which displayed temperature went out last year. Initially display would come back when I knocked on it but then it diet. I have to replace it with a unit from eBay.

Hey but look at bright side, at least your car made it to 188,000 miles. Mine is about to die around 130,000 miles.

Thanks for the info. Please keep me posted on these issues and I will do the same. I am taking the car into the shop today to have it diagnosed. I will definitely be sitting down when they tell me everything. I will post what they say later tonight.