Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 Pacifica long crank times

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 03:52 PM
SBK
Default 06 Pacifica long crank times

One year ago our Pac was running fine, but had an odor of fuel.

Found nipple on primary pump snapped off, replaced pump, also replaced broken engine mount at same time.

<Interesting side note: Broken mount can cause upper radiator hose to pull free from radiator.>

Immediately after replacement primary pump we started experiencing long crank times, 5-10 seconds before a stumbling start and fuel transfer issues. Once started she ran like new, good fuel economy.

Replaced the secondary pump for fuel transfer issue.

Throttle body is clean of carbon.

Pumps are good per scope.

I've bumped the key in attempts to prime system and it doesn't shorten crank times.

We've also replaced plugs, coils, wires as general maintenance.

I'm stuck...any ideas?

P.S. No CEL, and no codes stored.

Old 08-30-2020, 06:12 PM
Default Same issue please anyone help!!!!

I’m having a similar condition long crank sometimes but mine always help to immediately stop cranking and re crank and starts immediately.

I’ve replaced almost everything including evap because I get a cel light for that: here’s all I’ve replaced. Both fuel pumps, the line between both fuel pumps, the leak detection pump the vapor canister, oem spark plugs, oem cops, crankshaft and camshaft oem sensors, cleaned the throttle body thoroughly, checked all evap lines, gas cap, Battery, map sensor, iac sensor, and air filter lol. The fuel pressure regulator is internal the main fuel pump of course.

Still get the evap cel and very frequent long crank almost every time now it’s getting worse it use to be once in a blue moon. Only other thing I think I could possibly change would be injectors and possibly the starter but it’s very strong.

I’ve read to always use mopar sensors so i do. I’m Kinda lost it runs like new with 214,000 miles. Just had tranny rebuild too and since then it’s got a lot worse. Don’t see how that can effect it. I’m kinda thinking the evap cel and long crank might be associated but I don’t know for sure???