Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Desperate need of help with my 2006 pacifics 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 05:10 AM
Exclamation Desperate need of help with my 2006 pacifics 3.5

I bought the vehicle for less then $1000, I needed one badly as I didn't have a car. I got stuck recently having to have it towed home as it wouldn't start, so I dropped the tank and replaced the sending unit on the passenger side as well as the fuel pump on the driver side. I replaced the vapor fuel line as the one on there was literally taped together, connected everything correctly back together and put the tank back up, car ran great for about a week or two, then wouldn't start, cranks but doesn't start and I can get it started with starter fluid, thought maybe a faulty sending unit or fuel pump so literally took both of them back to the store i bought them at and replaced them again, same situation ran fine for a week or two then died out on me. car has fuel, everything is sealed, and connected, replaced the fuel pump fuse and ASD relay as well as the fuel pump relay, and still same thing cranks but doesn't start. I cant figure out what is going on with it. HELP!!!!

Old 06-17-2019, 08:08 PM

Sounds like possibly the crankshaft position sensor and/or cam position sensor, since the ECM needs a signal from these two sensors before it will send power to the fuel pump relay(or at least that's how all of my Jeeps are, and they are Chrysler products as well).

You would do yourself a lot of justice to test them with an ohm meter, before outright buying them, if you have one or can borrow one.
I don't have the specs on them, but I would guess they could be found with a Google search.
Your thought process is headed in the right direction, but now that you have a new pump, relays and sending unit in place, it leads me to think cam & crank sensors.
Hope that helps!

Old 06-17-2019, 08:16 PM

It's what I was thinking myself. Was trying to avoid it. I can hear it hum when keys turned, I'm guessing OEM part then? Or would basic one do justice? I've invested alot already into.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:07 AM

The crank and cam sensors are a critical part of keeping the fuel pump running. Signals from both tell the PCM the engine is running and power up the fuel pump circuit. Key on prior to start PCM signals the fuel pump only for a few seconds then the other signals kick in.
Past experiences OEM is the only way to go with these sensors, have seen many problems with generic/aftermarket sensors.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:15 PM

Has the timing belt been replaced? These are recommended to be replaced at 100K. If you have a bad belt this could be the issue. If you decide to replace it yourself make sure you know what you're doing or you could seriously damage the engine.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:54 PM

So replaced crank and camshaft positions sensors today. And still a no go cranks but doesn’t start. Back to square one. Any other suggestions?

Old 09-29-2019, 06:07 PM

Might have missed some of the thread. The Pac, like all newer cars is loaded w/ electronics, but at the end of the day it has an internal combustion engine.
Question, have you verified fuel pressure to the fuel distribution rail? Have you tried giving it a shot of starting fluid to verify fuel deficiency issue and functioning ignition?
Jus my 2 cents. Good luck in getting er goin!

Old 09-29-2019, 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=djetelina;112049]Might have missed some of the thread. The Pac, like all newer cars is loaded w/ electronics, but at the end of the day it has an internal combustion engine.
Question, have you verified fuel pressure to the fuel distribution rail? Have you tried giving it a shot of starting fluid to verify fuel deficiency issue and functioning ignition?
Jus my 2 cents. Good luck in getting er goin![/QUOTE

hey no worries, I haven’t verified fuel pressure to the rail, but I can get it started with starting fluid. I replaced both sending unit and fuel pump worked for 2 weeks then died out, swapped them did it again worked for 2 weeks then died out. Just swapped the cam and crank shaft position sensors today cranks but no start. Where can I get my hands on a fuel pressure kit?

Old 10-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Might try these guys at Vertical Visions. They may have an answer. They have a fuel sensor relay bypass part that helped with my 2011 T & C

http://www.verticalvisions.com/