Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 Pacifica Upgrading the car

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 04:53 PM
Question 06 Pacifica Upgrading the car

Hello Forum

This is another try since it seems that my first thread has not been made it through moderation or it was related to the fact that I’m a new member. However, here is a new try and I hope you are able to help me out a bit.

I purchased a 06 Pacifica Touring and would like to upgrade it a bit. Maybe someone has done that already and could give me some hints to the right direction. My Touring does not have Uconnect but I would like to have the following functions:
  • Answer calls via Bluetooth
  • Navigation System
  • Backup Camera

The only chance to do this is by installing a new radio.

I was looking at a 2 Din Android radio since this comes or solves all the issue I might face. However, not sure if Android Radios are already a safe way to go.

Now, as you can see on the screenshot, I have the Radio and the disc changer at the bottom. I don’t have any use for the changer since I don’t have the roof Display to stream movies on that. So there is no need for that changer at all since it is useless in that state, is that correct?

When I remove the changer, I would like to add a pocket/storage box to there. I have seen that on Pacificas without the changer but I can’t find a number for it. Does anyone know the part number or knows if its possible to place a pocket there? All I see is a installation Kit for a 1 Din Radio with pocket but thats not what I want.

Since I’m changing the radio with an aftermarket radio, I would also need the CHTO-02 Data Amp Interface, is that correct?
I don’t care about the steering wheel functionality so this is why I leave out the other thing to connect to the radio.
Do I loose any function of the car by removing the radio?

As a last one, for now ;-)
I would like to change the keys to flip keys as pictured in the second screenshot. Any chance of doing this as well?

Thank you so much!

Attached Thumbnails 06 Pacifica Upgrading the car-units.png   06 Pacifica Upgrading the car-keys.png  
Old 01-16-2024, 10:05 PM
Default Hello this is what I did..

06 Pacifica Touring 3.5
I upgraded all door speakers (no issues there)
Stereo was upgraded to a double din Boss unit with Bluetooth, it was basic stereo but with 80watt per channel. After installation, well u guess it NO audio because of the factory amp. After being frustrated and figuring it out I said F%&^ it pulled factory amp and ran new speaker wiring to all four door speakers and ran wire to the back for subwoofer amp.. it worked I didn't mind the challenge. But with doin this I couldn't use the steering wheel radio controls but I was satisfied with the upgrade . And never could figure out the factory amp issue.

Boss audio stereo

Old 01-16-2024, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Billy Pockets
06 Pacifica Touring 3.5
I upgraded all door speakers (no issues there)
Stereo was upgraded to a double din Boss unit with Bluetooth, it was basic stereo but with 80watt per channel. After installation, well u guess it NO audio because of the factory amp. After being frustrated and figuring it out I said F%&^ it pulled factory amp and ran new speaker wiring to all four door speakers and ran wire to the back for subwoofer amp.. it worked I didn't mind the challenge. But with doin this I couldn't use the steering wheel radio controls but I was satisfied with the upgrade . And never could figure out the factory amp issue.

Boss audio stereo
Also you can find a double din stereo with Bluetooth navigation and a. Backup camera , you just gotta look around for what you would like.