Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Please help 🙏

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 10:28 PM
Default Please help 🙏

I have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring all wheel drive with a 3.5 liter motor that I'm trying to remove a crankshaft sensor that someone else has broken off flush with the motor already. I'm at a complete loss of any idea of how to go about removing the sensor due to it being broken already and the position this particular sensor is in, that won't allow me to even visually see it let alone get any kind of a drill or anything to try to get a screw or any kind of tool in it to be able to pry it out? I've been searching the internet for forums, watched multiple videos on this type of issue and can't find anything for this particular year and make of vehicle or the unique position of sensor to be able to even make an honest attempt at removing this sensor? I'm a week in on this project and haven't gotten anything but a headache and high blood pressure into the entire mess?? I hope someone out there can give me some helpful advice!! I'm not an idiot and I refuse to give up on anything, but this one has me questioning everything?¿?¿

Old 01-16-2024, 09:47 PM
Default IV had a similar situation

I haven't had a crank case sensor issue but..
i Had to replace my water pump and with that had to replace the crank pulley, I had a friend help cause I didn't have a pulley puller, but my friend had one bit is was a small one and used a socket( yes a socket) right.. but that ended up getting lodged in the center hole cockeyed. So I had to get some drill bits and burr bits and took me a couple days just too drill that socket out..
What a job that was...

Old 01-17-2024, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

get a drill bit drill a hole in the center then get something like a wall anchor that can fit inside the hole then it expands out when past it then you can pull on the item in the center. or use flat blade screw drivers and finish destroying the sensor and pull it out.