Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

07 DVD player

Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Default 07 DVD player

Hello all.

I have recently purchased a used 07 and just tried to use the dvd player with the remote head phones that the dealer sold to me when I purchased the car. They do not work with the player. I tried them on my truck and they do work with that player. The dealer told me when I bought the car the players should be the same. When looking in the manual I noticed some differences between the one in the car and the one in the manual. The one in the car does not have a remote and the buttons located on the player are shown in the wrong place. I guess I should mention it has the in dash 6 disk changer. Does anyone know if it should be the same as the one in my 06 ram? Also, when I switch modes on the radio, I believe the player should continue to play on the screen, but it does not. In my truck I can have the player play the movie without it playing through the speakers.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Jason

Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 PM

I used to have an 04 Pacifica and I have an 06 Ram as well. the headphones did work with either system. Both are IR system not RF on my vehicles. On the truck, there is no headphone button to press. The sound is always on with the headphones. When you switch the source to FM on the radio, the headphones still play the DVD. You do have the "VES" factory system in the truck right? Also.. as silly as it sounds, you have to be in the back seat to get the sound on the headphones as the headphones and screen are line of site.

On the Pac, you had to hit the "headphone" button on the remote to get the sound to the heaphones. Are you doing this? You will see a headphone icon on the radio when this happens.

There is a possibility you have and RF system in the PAC but lets here if you are activating it correctly.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:33 PM

I did not get a remote when I bought the pac. It did not say anything about this in the manual that I recall. I will try my remote from the truck to see if it works. Both are factory units and yes I was in the back seat.

Thanks I will try this as soon as I can and let you know.
Jason

Old 11-10-2009, 11:55 PM

Hopefully the truck one has a headphone button. Some remotes do and some don't. Sometimes it is integrated with the power button of the remote.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:16 PM

I tried the truck one. It did have the button with the power combined. When I would hit the button it would put the sound to the headphones but the screen would cut out and say no disk or check disk. I am running out of ideas here. I guess it will be soon off the the local dealer. The dealer I bought it from told me that I bought a used vehicle and there was not much he could do. I guess I am glad I bought the extended warrenty. Hopefully it does not turn out it was switched from a different vehicle as I fear.

Thanks for your help.
Jason

Old 11-13-2009, 11:38 PM

What sounds were you getting? So for example.. you had a DVD in slot 1 and you hit the headphone button, you hear the DVD playing out of the headphones as well as car speaker but the screen goes off? If you switch sources on the radio, like to FM, do you get FM out of the speakers and DVD sound out of the heaphones? Can you tell me what radio you have? in the lower right corner of the display, in while you will see RBP, RBQ, RAK, something like that.

Dealers will say anything to make a sale. I never take their word for things, I have to check them before I leave hte lot whether it be a sale or service.
Your situation makes not sense. Are you using a store bought DVD or one you made?

Old 11-17-2009, 04:57 PM

I will have to try it again. I do not remember which sounds I was getting. It may have been just static through the headphones. I did not try the radio, but I will.

Thanks again
Jason