Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

07 Pac questions\issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Default 07 Pac questions\issues

Hello everyone, Just curious if someone could tell me what type of mileage they are seeing out of there Pac. This last tank I got 280 miles out of it and that's the worse its ever been. It's an '07 4.0L AWD with 37k miles on it.

Also just wondering if anyone else is/has experienced the motor mount issues with these cars. I noticed that there was an oil looking substance on the garage floor and I looked but do not see any oil leaks. I read that the motor mounts are liquid filled and that I could have possibly blown another rear mount. The car has a vibration when sitting still and it has a transmission shudder around 1500-2k rpms while driving. I have already gone through 2 rear mounts, 1 front mount and also a trans mount..

Thanks !

Old 03-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Hi SilverPac. We have a red '07 touring with the 4.0 FWD. You asked about mileage. Conditions varie that. Short driving in South Dakota winter gives us 14/16. On a June trip to Alaska we averaged an actual 23 overall. While driving through Canada where the speed limits are lower the computer was giving us as much as 28. So, it all depends on how fast, what temp and distance of the drive. Usually around here interstate driving at SD speed limit of 75 we can get 24. On your other problem we have not experienced that. The shudder in the tranny is torque converter and there is a service bulletin on that you should check out. There is a free fix to it.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by SDHUSKER
Hi SilverPac. We have a red '07 touring with the 4.0 FWD. You asked about mileage. Conditions varie that. Short driving in South Dakota winter gives us 14/16. On a June trip to Alaska we averaged an actual 23 overall. While driving through Canada where the speed limits are lower the computer was giving us as much as 28. So, it all depends on how fast, what temp and distance of the drive. Usually around here interstate driving at SD speed limit of 75 we can get 24. On your other problem we have not experienced that. The shudder in the tranny is torque converter and there is a service bulletin on that you should check out. There is a free fix to it.
The computer on the highway at 70mph is always reading 22-25 mpg.. I don't have a clue why the mileage is so bad. I can fill the car up to full and drive 50 miles and I have loss over a 1/4 tank of gas in 50 miles.. something just doesn't seem right with it..

For the converter, I have tried to pound that into my dealers head but they snuffed it off and said they can't feel it and now it's out of warranty and I am stuck with it.

Thanks for the reply !

Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Cool Sdhusker

On the tranny shudder. There is a TSA buletin on this and it's spoken of on this forum in detail. You just have to flip back through the postings and you will find it. Sorry, I looked on the heading which used to have it but does not anymore.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:48 PM

By the way. On the gas mileage. The gas gauge is way off on these things. The computer is pretty much on, even the miles to go is pretty accurate, but don't rely on the gas gauge.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by SDHUSKER
The shudder in the tranny is torque converter and there is a service bulletin on that you should check out. There is a free fix to it.
What is the free fix, replacing the torque converter? My dealer knows about the tsb, I just wanted to know what was free. My 07 has the same dreaded tranny shudder.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Default Sdhusker

They replaced the tourqe converter in our '07.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 AM

I'm on hold with Chrysler right now, she says that because my mileage is over 36k that it may not be covered. I'm waiting for a supervisor right now.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:17 AM

The local dealer wants 1k to do the job if I gotta pay for it.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Default Sdhusker

Our Pac was (still is) under warrantee, BUT, this is a factory service bulletin which is an admission by the company there was a screw up at production. It should not matter what miles are on the vehicle as this is not a warrantee issue. Hope they don't ask you to contact Chrysler customer service. I have never received any help or a streight answer from that source. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: 07 Pac questions\issues