Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

07 Pac questions\issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 02:42 PM

Just had another thought on your situation. You don't say if you bought your '07 Pac new. If you did and are past the bumper to bumper faze of your warrantee don't you still have the "lifetime" warrantee on the power train?

Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't buy it new. I think mine was built before they came out with that but even so, it wouldn't transfer to me anyways. Customer Service says they want an "official diagnosis" from my dealer before they will submit the TC replacement cost for "review". My dealer doesn't sound too interested in what I have to say about the TSB. They keep quoting the 3/36k warranty, which is now long expired. To top it off, they want 70 bucks to give me that official diagnosis, which I officially made by driving it every single day. Urghh.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:29 PM

Wow... lots of replies..

I was told by my dealer that my car was built after the TC issue. I told him and I even printed off the TSB on it and he told me that people find these things on the internet and bring them in not knowing it doesn't pertain to their car. He told me the Chrysler computer system will tell him what TSB's pertain to my car and the TC is not one of them. That is when they basically ignored my request for them to look it. However this is not the dealer I bought the car from, as they are over an hour from my house.

I did call the dealer I bought it from today and explained to my sales guy that it has 37,500 miles on it and I have gone through 3 motor mounts, trans mount, strut, tie rods, multiple transmissions reflashes etc.. it is now leaking some type of oil substance onto my garage floor and the shudder is getting worse. I told him I understand it's out of warranty but I should not be having these types of issue with a car that's barely two years old.

He told me he would talk to management and see what they could do for me, I told him I tried trading it in but could not get close to what I owe on it and that if he could get me in on good faith as I have bought multiple vehicles from him I would be satisfied if it was fixed.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 PM

I forgot that part about the trans computer flash, that the dealer performs. My tech told me that they could flash the computer and make the shudder go away(per the TSB), it basically tricks the TC into thinking it's in a break in period. He said once it thinks the tranny is broken in, it's different for every car, it will start shuddering again if the TC is bad. He told me to save the 70 bucks to reprogram the computer and just get the TC replaced. Does this sound familiar to anyone else or was my tech just giving a line of BS? What's the deal with the motor mounts anyways? Are they really fluid filled and just give out over time? I've got an old Chevelle that still has it's original rubber mounts and they're just fine!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:01 AM

I can't speak to the flash tricking the tranny into the break-in period as I was told they are for fixing the clunking issue when shifting in and out of reverse and park. It did fix that for me but it's coming back again now.

I am with you on the motor mounts, the story is that Chrysler didn't reinforce the mounts or change the design from the 3.8L when they put the 4.0L in it and they cannot handle the added HP and TQ the 4.0L puts out therefore they are prone to breaking.

Still waiting for my sales guy to call me back.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Default Sdhusker

Sorry to hear of your on going problems. We have an '07 Pac with the 4.0 and at 24,000 miles have experienced no problems with motor mounts. If all else fails you might want to check your states "lemon laws".

Old 03-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Companies like Prothane and Energy suspension produce polyurethane mounts for various applications and are far superior to rubber at withstanding shear, vibration and deterioration from petroleum products. Never hurts to check into something like this too...
http://www.energysuspension.com/
http://www.prothane.com/
http://www.mitymounts.com/index.htm

I didn't find anything vehicle specific, but they might be able to help you. If you are inclined, you could make something work from a different, or universal application.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the info on the motor mounts. I have actually heard that they make the solid and fluid types mounts for our cars. I am waiting for my dealer to call me back regarding the whole issue to see if or what they will do for me.

It's supposed to get into the 50's this weekend so I will more than likely go crawl under the car and see if I can find anything myself. The mounts for these cars not expensive at all. I can get them online through a dealer for 40.something for the rear and 30.something for the front.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:13 AM

Did you happen to get a price on those poly-mounts? Probably more expensive but you'd never replace them again.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:38 PM

I thought I saved the site where to get the mounts but I cannot find it now. I know it's a chrysler dealer, just got to find it.. ugh..

I found the site www.moparpartsamerica.com

I emailed them asking what type of mounts they offer for the pac's

Last edited by SilverPac; 03-08-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 07 Pac questions\issues