Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

'07 Pacifica Fuel Pump Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Default '07 Pacifica Fuel Pump Question(s)

2007 Pacifica with the 4.0L V6

Hey guys, first post here. My inlaws have an 07 Pacifica that has been sitting on their property for 5+ years and will no longer start. It was driven hard and put away wet on a daily basis. As far as i know, it’s on its second engine and second trans. Anyway, last time i went to crank it over i got mauled by 10+ wasps that were nesting in the door jambs. We have got the vehicle to turn over with starting fluid so i am ASSuming it has a fuel issue. I have swapped the fuel pump relay with another relay that looked the same. No change. I do not hear the pump. Plan is to drop the tank and replace the pump, get it running for as cheap as possible, and trade it for a dirt one for their son.

So the question is, i need to purchase the entire sending unit + pump correct? I found it for $100 or so on rock auto. Cheap no name crap works as long as it runs well enough to get off their property. I was actually even tempted to go to the junkyard to pull an assembly.

Now i have read a couple threads stating that there is only 1 fuel pump and it’s in the passenger side of the tank. The one on the drivers side uses vacuum to bring the fuel over, correct?

so i should be able to drop the tank and replace the pump with just a JY unit or the cheapest off the shelf unit.
I have watched

Old 01-08-2018, 01:24 PM

I can’t figure out how to edit my first post, but i accidentally submitted it before i was finished.

meant to say that I’ve watch a few videos and the process seems pretty easy. Is it recommended or necessary that i drop the tank? It i could just get to it through an access panel that would be great. I don’t plan on cleaning the tank since I’m pretty sure the gas was actually fresh.

lastly, will any junkyard Pacifica pump/sending unit work? Or does it need to be year specific and 4.0L?

Thanks in advance.