Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pac Abs light after brakes fixed

Old 07-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Default 2005 Pac Abs light after brakes fixed

Hello everyone!!
I wanted to see if someone could suggest what may be going on with my car.
I had the brakes fixed about a month ago due to them being "defective". Now my ABS light comes on sporadically and from time to time I feel a thumping feeling when I press the brake pedal. The ABS light comes on after the thumping.

Could this be related to them replacing the brakes?
They are telling me that the brakes have nothing to do with the ABS light coming on. I thought that the brakes and ABS worked together...??? Please help

Old 07-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2005 Pac Abs light after brakes fixed

I see speed sensors go out in the PAC like crazy could be one of the 4 u will need a dealer to let u know which one they usualy have them in stock to. The ABS is only in use when u do a panic stop or one of the tires is spinning faster then the others and will get that one back in control. The abs system is like a little hidden helper that will get u out of a jam when needed.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:17 AM

Thanks for responding.
I don't want to sound like a complete idiot I just want to make sure that I understand correctly.
So the speed sensors can trigger the ABS light to come on...correct??

One other question if you dont mind:
When driving it feels sluggish. I took part in the recall and had the fuel module thing replaced. But the car still stalls. It does not stop completely but say for instance when I slow down , not having to stop all the way and go to re-accelerate I get a slight jerking feeling. Kinda like a slipping feeling. Also when on the highway it has a hard time accelerating. I'm afraid to drive it. Any advice on what I can have the dealer check would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Old 07-24-2007, 10:19 AM

Thanks for responding.
I don't want to sound like a complete idiot I just want to make sure that I understand correctly.
So the speed sensors can trigger the ABS light to come on...correct??

One other question if you dont mind:
When driving it feels sluggish. I took part in the recall and had the fuel module thing replaced. But the car still stalls. It does NOT (correction) stop completely but say for instance when I slow down , not having to stop all the way and go to re-accelerate I get a slight jerking feeling. Kinda like a slipping feeling. Also when on the highway it has a hard time accelerating. I'm afraid to drive it. Any advice on what I can have the dealer check would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you