Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica Dual Zone Auto Temp Control lights out

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Default 2005 Pacifica Dual Zone Auto Temp Control lights out

I've been trying to find similar posts here, but so far no luck. The lights went out on the temp control section ( <Temp>....<POWER>....DISPLAY....<Dual>....<TEMP> ( 1,2,3,4,5 below....)

The fan still runs, and we can get heat....but only heat apparently, controls won't switch to AC, or recirculate as far as I can tell.

Fuse 50 is intact, and I even changed for another 15A just to be sure.

The wife wants to drive it to R.I. this weekend, and I'm searching for a solution to fix this , or at least troubleshot the problem area.

Any Ideas?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

the ac control head is the issue tap on the display a few times it will come back for a short while

Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Default Pulling Ac Control Head

C Tech-
I've had some success in other vehicles ( primarily my '97 Saab Aero) re-flowing relay printed circuit boards, electronics, repairing pcb leds, etc.
Can you tell me how that unit is embedded in the dash? I'd like to pull it, and check the connectors first. I'd prefer to ask about the removal process first , rather than stumble through it and break plastic compression fittings in it.....

Thanks,

Mark

Old 05-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Default Service removal description at AutoZone

I was able to log into autozone, and review the process here: | Repair Guides | Control Panel | Removal & Installation | AutoZone.com.

Also, previous to this we had a problem with the PCM connector, in front of the drivers side wheel: https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...er-tach-17147/

and a new battery.... https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...no-heat-17186/

not to introduce red herrings, but is it possible all of these things inter-related?

MArk

Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM

I was able to find a used ATC dual zone control head on ebay for $55.00 plus 20 shipping....It went in in about 5 minutes, and is back working fine. I'm tempted to t6ake this one apart and see if I can figure the fix on the circuit board....
Thanks to all

Mark

Old 09-08-2016, 09:40 AM

So have the ******** at Chrysler just completely given up on the consumer or have they vowed not to create such a worthless pile of garbage vehicle ever again? I bought a 05 Pacifica used and I've replaced the climate control unit twice now (one used and one 'remanufactured') and I've replaced the climate control blower motor, the climate control relay, and the gas tank also has the fuel gauge issue and the inability to fill the tank without leaving it to idle while filling and still having to stop and restart the fuel pump 15 times to get the tank to fill. So my question is this, after I take my pile of worthless crap out in the desert and light it on fire, will I ever desire to purchase another stupid car with the Chrysler, Dodge, or Ram name badges? Probably not as this car is the biggest nickel and dime lemon I have ever owned (and I had a Geo Storm once!!!)

Old 09-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

dont blame the car if A you have some one that does not know what they are doing to fix it and B put used parts in knowing it has the same issue as the one you just took out. Does this remain ac control head have a warranty?

Old 09-20-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by MarkCNY
I was able to find a used ATC dual zone control head on ebay for $55.00 plus 20 shipping....It went in in about 5 minutes, and is back working fine. I'm tempted to t6ake this one apart and see if I can figure the fix on the circuit board....
Thanks to all

Mark
I also had same issue that display on AC head unit went out. 2006 Pficifica with 110,000 miles on it at that time.
I bought a used unit from eBay as well to replace older unit.

The failure stories on Chrysler Pacifica are too predictable and recurrent among the owners. I don't think that other brands have such high rate of predictable equipment failure.