Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Chrysler Pacifica 4.0 dual zone

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Question Chrysler Pacifica 4.0 dual zone

OK i have a 2007 pacifica touring 4.0 and the a/c was working up until the middle of April. My problem is at first I though it was low on refrigerant so I had my mechanic put refrigerant in it. That was on a Fri. By Monday the ac was blowing warm air....to make a long story short I have brought like 6 cans of refrigerant and today i replaced the cabin filter located under the dash on the passenger side... before I replaced the cabin filter the ac was blowing cold on the passenger side from the refrigerant I just put in there on Fri.....now its blowing warm again.....please help anyone....dont have to spend unnecessary money.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 PM

A manually controlled dual zone heating-A/C system and an automatically controlled dual zone heating-A/C system with rear blower controls is available on this model.
To maintain the performance level of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system, the engine cooling system must be properly maintained. The use of a bug screen is not recommended. Any obstructions in front of the radiator or A/C condenser will reduce the performance of the A/C and engine cooling systems.
The engine cooling system includes the radiator, thermostat, radiator hoses and the engine coolant pump.

Sounds like the a/c system may have a refrigerant leak, first step would be to add dye to the system and try to locate if / where a leak is present.