Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Default 2005 Pacifica Starting Problems

I have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica 2 wheel drive that has been a wonderful vehicle so far. I went to turn it on yesterday and when I turned the ignition, the starter just clicked very rapidly at me. At first I thought it was the battery so I tried to jump the battery, but it wouldn't take and the car couldn't start.

From there, I had the battery tested and come to find out the battery was bad. Upon purchasing and installing the new battery, the car would still not start. I hooked up the jumper cables again and it started right up. I drove the Pacifica around for about 20 minutes without shutting it off, and then came back home. I turned the Pacifica off and tried to start it up again about 5 minutes later and heard the same starter clicking. If I try it a second or third time, it will act like the battery is completely dead and the starter wont engage at all.

Since then, I have jumped the car several more times and still am having the same problem. I think it is the alternator but don't want to take it out if thats not the problem.

Has anyone else had a problem like this, and if so, could you please advise me on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help,

MF

Old 05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Default RE: 2005 Pacifica Starting Problems

Maybe the new battery was dead too or you have a loose cable at the ground on engine or hot lead at fuse box. Do a search on "Lights flickering" there is an excellent post about his problem there. Also get the second battery checked and charged if need be. Have you hooked up a volt meter to see how many volts the are has just sitting? If not you can try that and then get a reading after you jump start it. It should be higher voltage after it is started. If the same voltage or lower, then you have a problem with your charging circuit.... (alternator)