Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2006 Pacifica front blower fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Default 2006 Pacifica front blower fan not working

A couple weeks ago, we started noticing the air wasn't coming out very cold anymore. It wasn't warm, it was still kind of cool, but not cold enough to really get the vehicle cold on a hot FL day. I was going to add some freon but the gauge on the can showed that it was actually full, so I didn't add any. Today, the front blower fan just stopped working altogether. It doesn't blow warm or cold air, just nothing. The back still blows air, but it's still not particularly cold, like before.

I checked all of the relevant fuses/relays by replacing them with other fuses/relays from the box (which I assume work) but that didn't fix the problem. I also tried replacing the blower motor resistor but that didn't make a difference. Is replacing the blower mower the next logical step, or are there other things I should check first?

Old 08-03-2018, 05:02 PM

Well, after I determined the blower motor resistor wasn't the problem, I took the new one out (to return) and put the old one back in, but I didn't start the car up again after that. This morning, my wife turned the car on and immediately turned the air on out of habit, and now it's working in the front again. Not only is it blowing in the front again, but it's back to being cold like it used to be (not just "cool" like it had been the last couple weeks). I don't know what to think now, but if there's still a problem that needs to be fixed I'd like to get it taken care of now before school starts back up for our kids. Any suggestions?

Old 08-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

kick the fan see if it comes back to life