Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2006 Pacifica remoter start problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Default 2006 Pacifica remoter start problems

Hi Guys,
I am new to this board. I went to the dealer and gave them my VIN# and they provided me with the 2 part system for the remote start. I hooked up everything as they said and went through the programming sequence. I got both remotes activated, and also did the tach programming successfully. Problem is the SKREEM transponder interface programming. I put in the 1st key, turned it on the on position for approx 5 sec, turned it to the off position and removed the key and put it on the passenger seat. 5 sec later I put in the 2nd key, turned it to the on position, waited 10sec for the single chime and the anti theft light to start flahing. I turned it off, took the key out and put it on the passenger seat and pressed and released the programming button on the main harness. 30sec later I pressed the remote button twice and nothing happens.
I have checked, doubled checked and triple checked my wiring and everything is as instructed. How come it won't start?
One thing I did do when installing the unit was I removed the brake lamp switch and pulled the harness downward so I could splice into that wire easier. Realized afterwards that that is a no no. But if that was a problem would I not also have a problem doing the Tach rate programming??? My brake lights all still work fine......... Please help. Majorly frustrated right now.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 PM

I have not installed mine yet but....I know you saw this:

Caution: Do not remove the
brake lamp switch from the
mounting bracket. If the switch
is removed from the mounting
bracket, it MUST be replaced
with a new switch

I'm not sure what happens to the switch when you remove it, but it does say "must". I would certainly start there. I am guessing the starter is receiving a "brake on" signal and therefore will not start. Again just guessing. I realize you had to cycle the brake during the tach learn so it is somewhat of a long shot. One other thing. During skreem programming it says to keep the fob's at least 2 feet from the ignition. Why not try the process again, perhaps with an assistant at say 5-6 feet?

Good luck with it. Let us know what you learn.

Last edited by busboy4; 08-21-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM

I replaced the brake lamp switch and went through the procedures again. No dice......
I called the 1800 number on the instructions after struggling through this for countless hours. They told me to go inside the black SKREEM box and cut the purple and orange wires and tape them off. WTF??? Then they gave me a step by step procedure to make it work. Guess what, their procedures don't work. I went back to the manual and followed the procedures, and all is good and works mint. What I flipping mess this remote starter is. They have so many handouts that superceed the manual. Your in left field with this. May the force be with you.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by ttype
I replaced the brake lamp switch and went through the procedures again. No dice......
I called the 1800 number on the instructions after struggling through this for countless hours. They told me to go inside the black SKREEM box and cut the purple and orange wires and tape them off. WTF??? Then they gave me a step by step procedure to make it work. Guess what, their procedures don't work. I went back to the manual and followed the procedures, and all is good and works mint. What I flipping mess this remote starter is. They have so many handouts that superceed the manual. Your in left field with this. May the force be with you.
Glad you ultimately got it. I have had the same experience on many a project. Enjoy it.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:42 PM

I can give anyone reading this a good piece of advice. If you get a Mopar kit that has ANYTHING electrical involved, ask your part counter person for any updated instructions. They can print them out for you. If I had a nickel......