Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 Pacifica code P0883

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 09:30 PM
Default 2007 Pacifica code P0883

Last week my 07 4.0L Pacifica went into limp mode and code P0883 came up. Alternator tested bad, replaced it, cleared code but still have the code coming back and still in limp mode. Wonder if anbody has had this happen before and what the did to fix it. Thanks for the help, hoping to not have to spend a bunch of $$ this close to Christmas. lol

Old 11-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

P0883-TCM POWER INPUT HIGH

Theory of Operation
The Transmission Control Output circuit is used to supply power to the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly and to the PCM when in normal operating mode. The purpose of the Transmission Output circuit is to allow the Transmission Control System to turn off the power to the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly in event that the transmission should need to be placed into “limp-in” mode due to a DTC.

After a PCM reset, (ignition switch turned to the run position, or after cranking the engine) the Transmission Control System verifies that the Transmission Output circuit is open by checking for voltage on the Transmission Output circuits before the Transmission Control Relay is energized. If voltage is detected on the Transmission Output circuits before the request is sent, the DTC will set.

When Monitored:
When the ignition is turned from "OFF" position to "RUN" position and/or the ignition is turned from "START" position to "RUN" position.
Set Condition:
This DTC is set if the Powertrain Control Module senses greater than 3.0 volts on the Transmission Control Relay Output circuits prior to a request from the PCM to TIPM to energize the Transmission Output circuits.

Possible Causes
TRANSMISSION CONTROL RELAY DTCS PRESENT
TRANSMISSION CONTROL RELAY
(T15) TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORT TO VOLTAGE
(T16) TRANSMISSION CONTROL OUTPUT CIRCUIT SHORT VOLTAGE
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/TRS ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM

Old 11-30-2017, 07:00 PM

Thanks, CHRYSLER TECH, now my head hurts. lol. I've took it to my mechanic and hope to hear back from him tomorrow. I'll post what I find out

Old 12-04-2017, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by tucan
Thanks, CHRYSLER TECH, now my head hurts. lol. I've took it to my mechanic and hope to hear back from him tomorrow. I'll post what I find out

Turns out it was a fryed relay. $10 part.

Old 01-13-2020, 04:02 PM

I have the same problem with my 07 Chrysler Pacifica which relay was it

Old 11-06-2022, 05:53 PM
Default I have the same issue can you please reach out to me as soon as possible.

Last week my 07 4.0L Pacifica went into limp mode and code P0883 came up. Alternator tested bad, replaced it, cleared code but still have the code coming back and still in limp mode. Wonder if anbody has had this happen before and what the did to fix it. Thanks for the help, hoping to not have to spend a bunch of $$ this close to Christmas. lol
Which Relay Was It That You Had To Replace. Cause I Thought It Was Transmission Problems Bought That's An Replaced It. Don't Have The Money To Keep Fixing Problems On this Truck Right Before Christmas Seriously. My issue was that it wasn't shifting gears correctly mechanic told me Transmission but now it's in limp mode and wont go over 40 and it does a funny jerking and gave me this code p0883 once that's was Replaced. So please can I have some help.