Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 Pacifica - How do you purge air from the heating system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Default 2007 Pacifica - How do you purge air from the heating system?

Hello,

I have a 2007 Pacifica 4.0L. I've been battling a problem with no heat. I drained the cooling system and flushed. I also back flowed air through the heater and no clogs were found.

I refilled the system with coolant and bled the air through the left side bleeder screw. The heater has air in it still and I'm not sure how to bleed the air out.

Is there a special procedure to bleed the heater? Is there a diversion valve somewhere that might be sticking?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-07-2019, 02:39 PM
Default help!

Originally Posted by NikoTes
Hello,

I have a 2007 Pacifica 4.0L. I've been battling a problem with no heat. I drained the cooling system and flushed. I also back flowed air through the heater and no clogs were found.

I refilled the system with coolant and bled the air through the left side bleeder screw. The heater has air in it still and I'm not sure how to bleed the air out.

Is there a special procedure to bleed the heater? Is there a diversion valve somewhere that might be sticking?

Thanks in advance!
did you ever figure it out, im battling the same thing

Old 02-12-2019, 07:34 AM

Try jacking the car up on one side, as you put the coolant back in so where you are pouring the fuel in, is the highest point. Let it run a bit to move air/coolant around and top up until all the air is out. Once done remove the jack.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Find a big funnel like a 1 gal or so. Wrap a rag around the end so it will seal into the filler neck. Add antifreeze till it is 3 inches or so deep. Start the car and let it warm up. The bubbles will be coming up in the funnel. After all the bubbling has stopped stick a big screwdriver with a rag wrapped around the end into the funnel and remove the funnel. Install the cap and you are good to go.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:26 PM

Nick-T, did you have this problem before you did all the flushing ? I remember something about a blend door keeping heat from coming out. '04 service manual says to refill to the max line, start and fully warm and cool down, do this several times to get the air out. *B2*

Old 02-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Default Another bleeder

[Fyi: what ever symptoms led you to this point may be a sign of a larger or different issue]

Besides the bleeder at the top of the radiator on the passenger side, there is another bleeder on top of the housing that has the thermostat. The bleeder is like a brake bleeder and it is kind of hidden by other cabling running on top of it. It's on top, towards the engine, behind the outlet to the heater, facing the rear of the engine compartment - if you follow the inlet hose from the heater core, you'll be right next to it. While car is running, you let it purge just a bit to release the air lock; also helps if you backfill the heater core directly through that inlet hose .

I found the radiator bleeder kinda tricky due to the pressure changing and the thermostat. It works better as a gravity bleed rather than a purge, ie with the system as full as possible and the car Not running, fluid should come out as it's the second highest point apart from the resevoir [helps if you can park the car at a slight angle downward]