Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 Pacifica remote start issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Default 2007 Pacifica remote start issues

I have a 2007 pacifica with factory remote start.
Not sure if my original FOB was the issue, so I bought another one.
Programed them both to my car.

The issue was when you tried to start the vehicle with the FOB, the lights would flash on the car, and you could hear the fuel pump charging the system. That is as far as it would go.

Both FOBs do the same when pushing the remote start button. Cars lights flash, fuel pump charges the system....and nothing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Old 12-01-2014, 07:17 AM

did you program them through the dealer? you probably still need to have the dealer starscan or DRB to program the chip in the key to allow it to start. Might be getting caught up in the security system which unless programmed with one of those two scan tools, won't work. KInd of like if I got a key cut for ours, yeah it will go in the ignition and turn, but nothing would happen because there is no chip for it to read.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:06 PM

Thanks for answering to my thread.

The issue is not with the keys. All keys that came with the car work fine. The car will start with the keys. Lock, unlock, etc...

The issue lies with the remove key FOB. A single push button to remotely start the car from afar. Here is the steps I used to program the FOB.
Transmitter Programming:

• Insure that a new battery is in the new Transmitter.
  • Make sure the Car Battery is connected.
  • If open, close the Hood.
  • Put key in Ignition and turn to “On” position (do NOT start the car!).
  • Press and hold the Programming Button. After about 10 seconds, the horn may/will chirp and the lights will flash 3 times indicating the system is now in “Transmitter Learn Mode”, then release the button.
  • Press the button on the new transmitter to be programmed. The horn will chirp and the lights will flash 1 time indicating that the Transmitter has been learned.
  • Repeat the above step for each additional Transmitter to be learned.
After programming all the new remote(s), remove key from the ignition and test the new remote(s).

That’s it! Takes less then 30 seconds to train the Transmitter to your car.

So when I push each programed FOB. The cars lights will come on, the horn sometimes blows once. You can hear the fuel pump energize. But that is where it stops. No more sounds. No more lights. Just me cussing.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:25 AM

Any chance it is stuck in "service mode"? Page 15.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:09 PM

Check your hood pin switch in the lock, If open or damaged, it will prevent the remote start to send power to the starter, but it will open the ignition and fuel pump, and will flash the lights

Old 12-05-2014, 09:26 PM

Not sure what page 15 you are pointing out busboy. Service manual? On page 15 it only discusses issues with the keys which I do not have. Tomorrow morning when I have day light I will check on the hood pin switch. I did some google search, and my repair manual search but there is no mention of hood pin switch. Supra92 do you have an exact location I can check on tomorrow. Thanks again for any help

Old 12-05-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by busboy4
Any chance it is stuck in "service mode"? Page 15.
To Exit Service Mode:
1. Turn key to RUN
2. Press button on remote starter 3 times
3. The Parking lights/horn pulse 1 time

Old 12-06-2014, 09:34 AM

Ok. So I followed the instructions to exit out of service mode. After pushing the remote start button 3x. The pacifica responded by flashing it's lights 3x and no horn. I tried the remote start again to see if the vehicle would start but it did not. I then followed the directions again to get the vehicle out of service mode and it responded with 1 Blink but no horn. Now the pacifica will only flash the headlights when I try the remote start.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:11 PM

Saw this TSB regarding the Mopar remote start units and hood switch problems. I realize your symptoms- horns,chirps- and year ('07)are not exactly the same but it's worth a look. By the way, does your car respond differently when you attempt a remote start with the hood open vs. closed? If not the hood switch could definitely be a player. Good luck. Love the feature.

Last edited by busboy4; 12-06-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:21 PM

Opening up the hood, and then pushing the remote start FOB I get no response from the car. So yes there is a difference when the hood is open.

I would surmise then the hood latch switch is working like it should.