Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2019 Pacifica grinding noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Angry 2019 Pacifica grinding noise

Hello, I have a 2019 Pacifica Limited which is making a grinding noise from the driver front wheel area. It can be heard at low speeds and gets louder as speed increases. It's very easy to hear at freeway speeds. There is also a similar sound when softly applying the brakes at slow speeds. I've read old threads about this issue and noted suggestions to replace the pads and rotors or possibly the wheel bearings. I did have the pads and rotors replaced, but the sound, if anything, got slightly louder. I really don't want to replace the wheel bearings just as a hope that it fixes the noise. Does anyone have any information about this, other than "it just makes that sound, live with it"? Thanks.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by johnfj40
Hello, I have a 2019 Pacifica Limited which is making a grinding noise from the driver front wheel area. It can be heard at low speeds and gets louder as speed increases. It's very easy to hear at freeway speeds. There is also a similar sound when softly applying the brakes at slow speeds. I've read old threads about this issue and noted suggestions to replace the pads and rotors or possibly the wheel bearings. I did have the pads and rotors replaced, but the sound, if anything, got slightly louder. I really don't want to replace the wheel bearings just as a hope that it fixes the noise. Does anyone have any information about this, other than "it just makes that sound, live with it"? Thanks.
Hello johnfj40,
I certainly understand why this would be concerning. We would kindly suggest connecting with your local certified Chrysler dealer as they are in the best position to assist. Please know that we are available via private message if you are in need of any assistance with that process.
Laura
ChryslerCares

Old 07-06-2020, 02:01 PM
Exclamation same issue

Originally Posted by johnfj40
Hi, How could u fix the problem?? my 2018 pacifica limited got same issue.
Is it still in warranty for fixing this issue? how much you paid?

Old 07-08-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by wanty019
Hi, How could u fix the problem?? my 2018 pacifica limited got same issue.
Is it still in warranty for fixing this issue? how much you paid?
Hello wanty019,

Please feel free to follow up with us privately regarding issues that your experiencing.

Lamar
ChryslerCares

Old 07-08-2020, 04:30 PM

Dear Lamar,

The purpose of this forum is to allow Chrysler owners to exchange information and knowledge about their cars and how to fix them and keep them running. "Chrysler Cares" seems to be a social media desk within Chrysler that is somehow trying to be of service to Chrysler owners, but despite being within the corporation, and having at least theoretical access to all of Chrysler's vast engineering expertise, never seems to provide any technical information that might be of use to forum members. "Chrysler Cares" does not seem to be able to provide anything other than making appointments with a dealer or secretly communicating via private messaging. Neither of these "services" are of any assistance to any other member or reader of the forum here, which is a shame.

It would be vastly more helpful if you could get actual engineering expertise to bear on these problems. Who knows? Your engineers could probably benefit by being exposed to the real-world problems that your customers are experiencing.

And by the way, it should be "you're", not "your" in your last sentence.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:16 PM

Took the words right out of my fingers my forum friend!